Editorial Assistant — Freelance
- San Francisco, CA
Huckberry is an independent online retailer and magazine for adventurous guys. We're a team of 60ish based in San Francisco, California with offices in Columbus, Ohio.
Over a million young, active professionals trust us as their leading resource for emerging brands, gear, and lifestyle inspiration.
We're bootstrapped, profitable and proud (read our story here: Bit.ly/TheHuckberryStory), and have been called "the future of eCommerce for guys." We look forward to meeting you.
We’re looking for a freelance Editorial Assistant to join the Huckberry Editorial Team.
You'll collaborate with our Senior Editor, and report directly to our Managing Editor, acting as the go-to on editorial tasks great and small. This could entail collaborating with our Design team to nail down the right assets for a story, editing stories from writers and uploading them into our content management system, or pitching the team on a quick-hit list of the ten best summer craft beers. Whatever the task may be, it's our hope and expectation that your work will be published on our Journal and eventually in our Shop, and ultimately promoted in our weekly mailers.
Huckberry is a small, tightly-knit family, so no coffee and donut runs here. You'll be immediately thrown into the Editorial mix and will get to work with and meet some really talented writers, designers, photographers, and brands.
Our expectations for this internship are that it starts off as part-time – roughly 10 hours per week either remotely or in our office in San Francisco's Design District. This is a great opportunity to gain direct editorial and content marketing working experience working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing e-commerce environment.
• A hustler, creative and energetic
• Tuned in to the blogosphere and has a good nose for stories that fit our edit
• Active on social media (we’re particularly keen on Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat)
• An excellent writer; edgy, but not snarky, and can pack a lot of punch in a few words
• Knowledgeable in Photoshop
• Passionate about the written word, design, and photography
To apply for this position, please click on 'I'm Interested' below and:
• Upload your resume
• Direct us to your LinkedIn profile
• Tell us in 2 sentences or less why you'd be a good fit with Huckberry. Try to include one thing that you’re particularly nerdy about.
• Provide a recent writing sample
• Share your 3 favorite blogs and/or social media profiles
Want to get to know us better? Check out:
- The Huckberry Story: Bit.ly/TheHuckberryStory
- The Huckberry Journal: Huckberry.com/journal
- Instagram: Instagram.com/Huckberry
- Twitter: Twitter.com/Huckberry