Director of Career Services
- San Francisco, CA
Hult is the world’s most international business school with campuses in Boston, San Francisco, London, Dubai, and Shanghai, and a global rotation center in São Paulo. Offering a range of practical, business-focused programs including MBA, EMBA, Master, and Undergraduate degrees, Hult continues its rapid ascent in business school rankings. Currently ranked in the top 1% of all business schools, Hult is #1 for International Experience and #3 for International Business by the Financial Times, and #20 in the U.S. and #29 in the world by The Economist.
The Director of Career Services is charged with all responsibilities relating to the design and delivery of comprehensive career management programming and curriculum for all students.
The successful candidate will provide strategic vision, leadership, supervision, assessment and on-going improvement for comprehensive career services for students and alumni. This will include the development of experiential learning opportunities; the integration of cutting-edge technological tools to enhance service delivery and the expansion of employment services.
This role will develop innovative services and programs that meet the changing needs of students and alumni serving the entire student population on the San Francisco campus and supports rotating students from other campuses and alumni. This position is also responsible for the design and development of the curriculum and content for the required 2-credit Professional Career Development course, including the internship program.
Leadership and Administration
- Provides strategic direction and leadership for all aspects of career and professional development services.
- Engages in on-going planning, assessment and evaluation to continually improve, innovate and develop effective programs and services that meet the changing needs of students, alumni and employers.
- Integrates global and multicultural opportunities and experiences into career and employer programming.
- Manages/supervises team of 3 direct reports and approximately 15 contract professionals including adjunct.
- Makes decisions on performance, salary actions, hiring decisions and other human resources related issues of managed staff.
Career Services Functional Responsibilities
- Leads the development and implementation of comprehensive career planning curriculum tailored to the various programs, in keeping with industry and business needs.
- Creates syllabus and develops and deploys all content for required Professional Career Development course. May teach some courses.
- Integrates multicultural job search competencies, career exploration and developmental learning activities that specifically address cultural differences in local and global markets.
- Provides career counseling services to support students, alumni and potential students with all aspects of the career development process including clarifying goals, decision-making, strategic networking, and obtaining occupational information.
- Supports Corporate Relations team to bring new ideas to the recruiting environment in keeping with current job climate.
- Meets regularly with students; develops network of professionals and alumni; stays connected with student leaders.
- Ensures the administration of an appropriate range of career inventories e.g. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Strong, Emotional Intelligence.
Budget and Finance
- Develops and manages operating budgets for programs.
- Negotiates vendor contracts for online resources such as the Career Portal and other online guides and/or career resources.
- Analyzes and evaluates overall departmental expenditures to insure cost effectiveness
Technology and Electronic Career Services
- Provides leadership for Career Services technology infrastructure.
- Manages, supervises and maintains Career Portal, Hult’s career management system, for students and alumni profiles, resume storage, job search postings, employer profiles and job posting services.
- Manages and updates the Career Services web pages
- Manages Learning Management System for required Professional Career Development Course.
- Monitors and evaluates the effective use of new social media portals.
- Develops and executes on annual goals for team and updates based on customer (students and employer) feedback.
- Creates and deploys annual employment survey for all students to participate in ranking reports published by the Financial Times and Economist magazines.
- Creates methods for tracking industry metrics including: student job success rates, and internship/recruiter and student satisfaction.
- Partner closely with other departments including: the Dean, Corporate Relations, Faculty, Student Services, Admissions, Student Clubs and Leadership, and Alumni.
- Fosters strong partnerships with academic departments and individual faculty in the development of field experiences and the preparation of students for experiential learning.
- Networks with Career Services colleagues from other top schools to share best practices and stay on top of industry trends.
- Master’s degree in higher education, human resources/recruiting, or related area.
- 8 – 10 years experience in career services, outplacement services, corporate recruiting or human resources, or equivalent.
- Advanced knowledge of career development theories, counseling processes, career decision making, learning styles, and job search techniques.
- Demonstrated exceptional management skills to lead a professional and contract staff.
- Knowledge of and interest in latest related technology including social networking platforms as part of the job search.
- Knowledge of the employment selection process and hiring practices of the global business sector.
- Knowledge of national and global labor markets and marketplace trends.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population of high-performing individuals.
- An entrepreneurial orientation, proven track record of taking initiative required.
- Professional demeanor and excellence in oral and written communications required.
- Record of effective strategic leadership.
- Strong presentation and training skills.
- Strong strategic planning, analytical and evaluation skills.
- Proficiency with web-based resources, spreadsheet and presentation software required.
- Experience living or working outside the US is a plus.
- Please note that you must have the right to work in the United States of America
About EF-Education First: EF is the world’s leading international education company in an industry that is 50 billion dollars in size and growing at almost 30% a year. With our mission to “break down barriers in language, culture and geography”, EF has helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world, and earn an academic degree. Founded in 1965 by entrepreneur Bertil Hult, today EF operates 400 schools and offices in over 50 countries and has a network of over 30,000 teachers and staff. A privately held company, EF has 16 divisions offering a range of educational programs from language schools, educational travel, academic degrees, to cultural exchange. Where we are going: EF’s mission is more relevant than ever. Today’s world is increasingly complex and interdependent. Cross-cultural communication and understanding are vital to long-term success. EF’s programs enable everyone to make the world their classroom. With our business growing in every part of the world we are looking for talented people to join us.