Front End Software Engineer
- Boston, MA
- Employees can work remotely
Brio’s mission is to make diagnostic testing valuable for all and to become the largest provider of diagnostic laboratory testing in the world. We believe that the 21st century will be defined by advances in healthcare and biology. We intend to accelerate that future. Today, BRIO provides access to COVID-19 testing for organizations. We empower employers to test their teams proactively and on their terms, and gain the insights they need to understand in order to keep employees safe and manage risk.
While currently focused on the immediate need for COVID testing amidst the global pandemic, our vision is to create a modern and decentralized diagnostic system that addresses the inefficiencies and shortcomings of the >$150bb diagnostic testing.
We’re currently fully remote, with a center of gravity around Boston, MA where we were founded.This is a rare opportunity to get involved in solving a truly meaningful problem with massive scale. The product is up and running, our growth is unprecedented, and there is still a ton of room to make your mark as an early member of the team.
You get excited about challenges, fast-changing environments and problems with no clear solution. You are opinionated, but equally open to the opinions of others. You value extreme ownership, attention to detail, and relish disambiguation. Solving problems nobody has tackled before in an environment where the landscape is shifting daily is your idea of fun. You are eager to contribute to our business and culture, not just our code base.
You will contribute to BRIO’s software engineering efforts. This means you will need to:
- Contribute to technical specs and plans for new features and improvements to existing systems.
- Work with the team to define and achieve aggressive delivery schedules.
- Bring your experience to bear across our stack from devops to back-end and front-end code, with a passion and strength in at least one zone.
- Connect every dot from the data model all the way to the presentation layer.
- Keep the data of our users and partners safe through secure code, secure infrastructure, and secure processes.
- Collaborate across BRIO with product management, customer support, sales, and others to deliver the best possible experience to our customers.
- Make a big impact in the company, on the world.
The Current Stack
- 3+ years of experience with web-technology coding on a deployed commercial software product.
- History of increasing responsibility on the teams and projects you’ve contributed to.
- Expertise in front-end design methodologies and frameworks
- Live experience with building user interfaces and integrating them with back-end frameworks
- Significant experience with our current tech stack frameworks and technologies
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Commitment to usability and accessibility
- Output oriented with a bias for action.
- Strong competency in software development practices including automated testing / TDD
- Great creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Initiative and the ability to work independently and in a team
- Bash skills
- Familiarity with Linux Administration
- Experience working on remote teams.
- Experience in high-criticality / high-stakes industries like health, finance, aerospace.
- Knowledge of security and regulatory frameworks like HIPAA and ISO 27001
- At least a year of work in an early stage, high growth startup environment.
- Fire in your belly with a need to be extremely challenged every day.
Benefits and Perks
- We are currently covering 100% of premiums for health, vision, and dental
- Health Reimbursement Account
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Home office improvement stipend
- Monthly mystery chocolate box
- Equity and performance based pay options
BRIO’s mission is to increase the impact of diagnostic testing by making it more accessible and valuable to more people. Our core values as a company are devotion, responsibility, fearlessness, and curiosity.
Brio is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status. Bringing together a diverse set of individuals is how we create the best culture and environment that then fosters the best ideas. At BRIO, diversity is not just something we believe in, it is a part of our DNA. It makes us unique and it makes us successful.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. Unfortunately, we are not able to sponsor visas.