Junior/Mid-Level Project Manager for Purpose-Driven Website Design/Dev Team
- Oakland, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Mangrove Web Development is a woman-owned website design and development company, and a certified B Corp. Our mission is to build websites that amplify the work of change-making organizations and increase the competitive power of businesses owned by historically marginalized people. Within our own organization, our mission is to expand tech career opportunities for women and people of color.
We strongly encourage women, Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply for this position.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, enthusiastic junior/mid-level project manager and administrator to work remotely for our Oakland, CA based web development business. Ideally you have some experience in project management, some knowledge of web design and WordPress development, and are interested in working alongside a diverse and collaborative growing team.
We really care about what we do and how we do it, and are looking for the right person who is passionate about our work, values and team.
Location: US-Based. This position is 100% remote, but you must regularly be available during PST business hours (9-5pm PST M-F).
List of Tasks Include
- Project management for strategy, content, design, and development phases of a website build.
- Host and lead client check-in meetings, strategy meetings, and review meetings
- Handle client inquiries through our email ticketing system
- Interface with clients to clarify project details or acquire assets
- Ensure that projects stay within budget, or within a margin of that budget
- Manage project timelines
- Communicate with our internal team as well as the client on project status, progress, and obstacles
- Communicate with clients regarding project scope, estimates, and budget
- QA websites for our developers and provide feedback
- Attend other internal and client meetings (video) as needed
- Create client website manuals and assist in keeping manuals up to date
- 1-2yrs experience in managing web development or digital design projects
- client management skills
- experience with PM tools including or similar to Asana, Slack, Google Drive
- ability to take initiative, creatively solve problems, and get things done in a timely manner
- stellar attention to detail and organizational skills
- ability to work well in a virtual team
- comfort in communicating with clients by email, video call, and Slack
- reliability and commitment to being in communication while actively working on projects. ability to prioritize tasks and deliver on time (or communicate the need for extensions when appropriate)
- a passion for creating for good, and the desire to work hard to support your fellow teammates and our clients. And, in turn, your teammates will work hard for you to give you a break whenever you need it.
- Fluent or native english speaking and writing ability
Nice to Have
- Project Management or Scrum certification
- Agile project management experience
- experience with at least one tool from each of the categories listed below
- experience working on a remote team
- WordPress editing and management experience
- good design eye – ability to look at a mockup vs live website and notice discrepancies or display issues
OUR TOOLS INCLUDE:
- Remote connecting: Slack, Zoom, google hangouts, google drive, notion
- Project Mgt: Asana, GitLab, Trello, Harvest (may vary depending on client project)
- Design: Invision, Zeplin, Sketch, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Figma (you won’t need to design anything, but will be sharing files with clients, leaving comments, and facilitating feedback via these tools)
- Technology platforms: WordPress, Squarespace, Webflow and Shopify (you won’t need to develop anything, but will likely eventually need to add and edit content in the backend of sites and assist clients with backend questions and trainings. This can be learned.)
Ideally around 20hrs/week. You must be US-based and available to overlap with a PST time-zone on a regular basis.
Hourly negotiable, depending on experience and location (cost of living). Typically ranges from $30-$45/hr.
WE ARE PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
We strongly encourage women, Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
A majority of our team members are self-taught. You do not need a degree to be successful in this role, but you should have the necessary skills outlined above or have a desire to learn them quickly.
Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.