Site Reliability Engineer - Partnerships
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
It was not so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
We are currently recruiting to our Partnerships department, which is responsible for Booking.com’s white labels, co-brand products, external API, and corporate travel. Tech teams work closely with commercial and operations teams in order to combine extensive data (both qualitative and quantitative) with direct feedback from customers to create tailored products for each of our customer verticals.
Booking.com is looking for self-starters who are great at solving real life problems. We offer an international, diverse, fun, and dynamic environment. If scale and complexity excite you, Booking is the place to B!
Site Reliability Engineer
Booking.com is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our Partnerships teams at our Amsterdam headquarters. As a member of our department, you’ll be supporting 9 product teams, and will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world, deploying code on 25,000+ servers across multiple data centers around the world!
So is an SRE opportunity with Booking right for you?
The core premise for the Booking SRE lies in treating operational issues as a software problem. We code our way out of problems where operations are concerned addressing availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency challenges within the vast infrastructure here at Booking.
- You will impact millions of people all over the globe with your creative solutions
- You will be working in one of the biggest e-commerce companies in the world
- You will solve interesting problems at scale by writing and deploying code across tens of thousands of servers
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with many of the world’s leading SREs
- You will be free to launch your own ideas and solutions within our complex production environment
- Here are some of the tools and technologies we use to achieve this: Python, Go, Puppet, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, HAProxy, Cassandra, Kafka etc
What will you be doing?
- Architect, write and implement software that improves the stability, scalability, availability and latency of the Booking.com products
- Own multiple services and have the autonomy to do what suits the business and our customers
- Solve problems occurring with our highly available production systems and create solutions and automation tools to prevent them from happening again
- Construct effective systems to monitor the health of your system, and to handle outages
- Build and run capacity tests to manage the growth of your systems
- Plan for reliability by designing systems to work across our multinational data-centres
- Produce tools to assist the product development teams with successfully deploying 1000s of change sets every day
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing and recruitment efforts
- Working in close collaboration with multi-functional teams
What will you bring to the role?
- Minimum 4 years of experience with building & maintaining complex, scalable, and distributed systems
- Good understanding of Software Reliability Engineering and Computer Science principles
- Ability to formulate software solutions from scratch is essential
- Solid understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Microservices & OOP patterns
- Hands-on experience in Linux administration and troubleshooting
- Creative approach to problem-solving
- Ability to define SLIs and SLOs
- Fluency in the English language both spoken and written
- Additional experience in networking, security or storage is an advantage
- Live and work in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Be part of a fast-paced, performance driven culture with lucrative compensation including bonuses and stock potential, opportunities for career advancement and 29 vacation days
- An opportunity to contribute to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and see real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- With over 70 different nationalities within the technology department alone, you will be able to develop new skills and grow your career in a multicultural environment.
We value Diversity of all types and in an open, dynamic workplace. This has been a pillar at Booking.com since day one, and something we continue to strongly believe in and build today.