Team Lead Payment Operations
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
Team Lead Payments Operations
The Team Lead Payments Operations helps to apply the finance strategy aligned with Booking.com’s business objectives by working on key initiatives in Payments Operations.
In this role, the Team Lead Payment Operations will be responsible to develop and coach a team of Analysts and/or Accountants that embraces and drives change, business partnering, efficiency with the use and development of right tools, growth, empowerment, and teamwork.
The Team Lead PO manages the payment operations team and stakeholders, and serves as a business advisor to their stakeholders. The Team Lead PO takes the lead to prioritize and delegate new initiatives and projects based on business impact, and develops the team to build meaningful and insightful reports and dashboards that help scaling business and steer business decisions.
Tasks & Responsibilities.
- Developing, managing and inspiring a team of Payments Process Analysts / Payments accountants, translating company, and departmental goals into team and personal objectives
- Ensure KPIs and SLAs are met timely & accurately in line with Booking.com business objectives
- Building and developing a proficient knowledge of payments operations processes within the team.
- Establishing a reporting framework which supports decision making, accountability, and process improvements, keeping in mind control environment and compliance requirements
- Responsible for reviewing business and SOx controls performed by the team on a monthly basis
- Providing business support on a range of ad-hoc/cross-functional projects and strategic initiatives
- Working closely with other technical, operational or analytical departments to provide business support and suggest process improvements.
- Actively interacts with the product communities within Booking.com to understand developments in the company's products and the impact that has on his/her team
- Analyzing key trends and variances, and leading production of monthly/quarterly/ad-hoc reporting to the Payment Operations (Senior) Managers
- Serving as the leader of the group, ensuring work tasks are adequately prioritized and completed, team member’s workloads are balanced and actively monitored
- Ensure individual team member’s OKRs are in alignment with team roadmap
- Drive team OKRs
- Tracking and monitoring performance levels, and manage underperformance in the team
- Work with management to implement process changes by identifying process improvements.
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews and keep track of progress during the year
- Background in finance
- Excellent communication skills
- A good people motivator with management experience
- Ability to proactively drive the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Understanding the impact of the team and the bigger picture
- Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates tenacity, drive, ability to inspire and collaborate.
- Ability to multi-task & a flexible and positive attitude
- Able to adapt style and approach in order to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders from a variety of different cultures
- Able to operate effectively in a complex environment with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to proactively prioritize and lead the assigned projects and reach the preset objectives
- Demonstrates analytical and curious mindset, tenacity, drive, and ability to inspire and collaborate
- Ability to be an effective people manager yet just as comfortable rolling up the sleeves to get the job done in a demanding and evolving start-up environment
- Motivational people manager who believes in building teams of high performing individuals and knows what it takes to do this in a rounded and people-centered way
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to present, make decisions and gain consensus with a large group
- Demonstrable experience in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility.