Senior UX Designer - Marketing
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
Do you want to design world-class payments solutions for Booking.com’s 1 million+ partners worldwide? Join us in beautiful Amsterdam as a Senior UX Designer, and be a part of the fast-growing team behind ‘Payments by Booking.’ This position offers the successful candidate the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements, impacting millions of people. You’ll join us at our beautiful Amsterdam HQ and work with some of our industry’s smartest people.
Payments are a complex, competitive and exciting industry. To accomplish our mission (“making it easier for everyone to experience the world”), we need to offer a frictionless payment experience for bookers and merchants. The Partner Payments track ensures fast and reliable payouts to our partners. Critical Booking initiatives around pricing depend on increasing adoption of payments by our Partners. Smooth, transparent and highly reliable Partner PayOut processing is instrumental to their success.
As a Senior UX Designer you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, working in a small startup-like group which takes full ownership of their part of our platform. ‘Designer’ is just what it says on your CV – you’d be just as happy to be labeled an Engineer, or Analyst; a Builder, Maker or Problem Solver. Your portfolio is a collection of stories that you can discuss with enthusiasm, and regret … because you’re always getting better at what you do and you’re never satisfied with ‘good enough’. You’re excited about the endless potential of the web and being able to build things that millions of people can use every day.
As a candidate for the Senior UX Designer position, you possess a broad range of abilities:
- You own the entire design process from idea to implementation and everything that entails. From research to exceptional UI design, through to shipping production code.
- Your strengths include being self-driven and taking full ownership of your ideas to solve challenging problems
- You use your excellent communication skills to get everyone, at all levels, excited about your work. Bring your thought leadership to our design process and tools - show us how we do it better.
- You are a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design and creating elegant user experiences. You gain a deep understanding of our users and ensure we remain customer-centric in everything we do.
- You are proficient with HTML & CSS
- You are comfortable creating the wireframes, polished mockups, and prototypes needed to communicate them
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with developers, product owners, and copywriters
- You thrive on feedback and critique, responding with creative thinking and iterative design
- You understand and thrive in an environment which employs extensive A/B testing - Booking.com is a data-informed company
We’re looking for Designers with 5+ years’ experience delivering global products in a similar large scale product led environment. We want an experienced, skilled and motivated product designer who thrives with autonomy and a lean, collaborative, fast paced environment. Working as part of a small, collaborative team should be second nature, as should your constant search to improve how you and we do things.
- You’re critical and questioning - always asking how we do better
- You’re customer-centric with a good understanding of different research and testing methods, including when and how to use them
- You’re an excellent communicator - able to discuss design decisions confidently at all levels
- You can translate requirements into functional, usable and beautiful designs
- Your designs are informed by a broad mix of qualitative and quantitative insights
- You take an iterative approach and move quickly from idea to validation
- You’re more than comfortable working in a fast-paced lean delivery environment
- You’re a passionate self-starter, able to pro-actively generate simple solutions to complex problems
- You care deeply about good design and your craft - continuously learning how to improve your design knowledge and skills
Designers at Booking.com must be excellent collaborators – we work in an agile, dynamic, diverse environment in which openness & humility are key. Our designers combine their knowledge and expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our diverse, loyal user-base. At Booking.com, design is a team sport, and together we solve hard problems while keeping the user at the center of everything we do.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace is part of our core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and know that a team of different backgrounds, abilities, and perspectives makes us thrive and build better products. We are fortunate to be members of one of the most diverse design teams in the world and we do our best work when we join forces. We’re looking forward to welcoming you into our team of exceptionally talented and fun colleagues, where you'll do challenging and rewarding work.
You will also contribute to the growth of Booking.com through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts