Senior iOS Developer - Accommodations
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and the most varied selection of properties.
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travellers and the accommodation partners.
Our apps have been very successful so far, and we want to build a foundation for the next stage of our growth. Therefore your focus will also be with the Booking.com mobile developer community, and will include some or all of the following areas: figuring out component-based and backend-driven UI at a large scale, helping with and maintaining a completely modularized mobile codebase, contributing to building a top-notch development toolchain, and getting involved in the redesign of our massive mobile backend platform.
- Builds and delivers app-wide features, systems and services;
- Identifies and escalates flaws and potential issues of app-related infrastructure;
- Continuously improves services they own making them more performant, and utilising resources in the most optimised way;
- Lead initiatives for improvement of development processes and business opportunities for your team’s product and the company as a whole;
- Identify, foster, and proactively help colleagues to grow professionally, taking a significant role in on-boarding new team members;
- Represent Booking.com values both in the company and in the external community;
- Advocate a collaborative working environment - make “my ideas” into “our ideas”
- Lead, manage and resolve technical or design discussions or conflicts;
- Contribute to Booking.com's growth through interviewing, on-boarding, or other recruitment efforts.
- 7+ years development experience with multiple programming languages
- 3+ years iOS application development using iOS SDK
- Experience with Apple Approval & Distribution Process, Ad Hoc & Enterprise Distribution
- Experience in solving technical challenges of a whole new level at large scale
- Excellent understanding of Objective-C
- Good understanding of Xcode and integrating back-end code into iOS app
- Self-motivated to explore new technologies, applications and environments
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team-player
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.