HR Business Partner (Strategy, FP&A, and Treasury)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
Booking.com is the world’s #1 accommodation site and the 3rd largest global e-commerce player. Our diverse team, ~12,000 strong, is united by a single mission: to empower people to experience the world. Whether in our Amsterdam HQ or at one of our 200 offices worldwide, we work hard to help make more than a million travel dreams come true every single day.
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join the HR Advisory team looking after Finance, Strategy, and Internal Audit. As an HR Business Partner, you will provide HR advice and support to the Strategy, Sustainability, Business Bookers, FP&A, Treasury, Payment Operations, and Procurement teams. You will coach, consult and advise management on human resource-related topics. You act as an employee experience and change expert and you anticipate HR-related needs.
The HR Business Partner is the intermediary between the business and the people department and maintains a close relationship with the other HR functions to deliver value-added services to management and employees. You will advise and partner with your stakeholders across various HR topics, as well as implement HR Policy to contribute to achieving the functions’ objectives. You will join our rapidly growing and successful company, in a fast-paced role and exciting environment.
You will report to the HR Manager and work closely together with your business, other HR Advisors and the HR Centers of Expertise.
In all Business Partner roles, the core objective is to advise and partner with (different levels of) management of an allocated business unit across various (HR) topics, as well as implement HR policy to contribute optimally to achieving organisational objectives through sufficient staffing levels and efficient organisation. Business Partner roles should focus on reinforcing the quality of line manager leadership responsibilities and capabilities.
- Partner, coach and challenge business leaders on People related topics, actively engaging on tactical and strategic topics, problem statements, business goals and priorities, balancing the HR, manager, employee, and company perspectives.
- Handle day to day challenges like absence and performance management, disciplinary procedures, and coaching of people managers in close cooperation with the HR Generalist.
- Responsible for end to end delivery and adoption of critical People topics within the organisations you partner with (e.g. promote and enable engagement conversations, performance optimization, implement programs that attract and retain talent).
- Responsible for ensuring the capabilities needed in the respective organisations are there to deliver the business targets.
- Create tailored solutions for people's challenges in partnership with (relevant) CoE’s and People Services & Systems (PSS).
- To be the voice of the business within the People Department. Accountable for identifying, predicting and articulating key people related business challenges.
- Represent the People Department in front of your business partners. Ensure the business receives consistent quality of service and guidance so the business feels the People Department is acting as one voice.
- Change management incl. WoCo responsibility: Partner with your business on change initiatives. As necessary, support in WoCo consultations and preparation to ensure that HR topics are of high quality and planned well in advance. Guide your business through the WoCo process.
- 5+ years experience within People topics, strong preference for HR Advisory experience;
- Able to develop strong relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholders within the organisation;
- Proactive and thought-through approach to problem solving
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment and able to guide their stakeholders through this environment
- Previous experience in a commercial, international environment;
- Proactive, data-driven, takes initiative, able to prioritise without close supervision;
- Dutch Labor Law experience is a bonus
- Fluent in English