Account Manager Strategic Partnerships - UK
- 5 Stratton St, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Account Manager Partnerships EMEA (UK & Ireland)
As an Account Manager you support Booking.com BV in building and maintaining partnerships throughout the region with both new and existing partners.
This role requires an individual with a strong background, highly motivated and travel industry knowledge, accompanied by the ability to build relationships to immerse themselves in the dynamics of a successful company.
This is a full-time position and will be based in London or Manchester
- Run all aspects of the Business Development process (market/segment/vertical research, sourcing, presenting, proposal generation, negotiating, contracting and launching) resulting in the addition of new strategic partners for Booking.com and Booking Holdings. In doing so, you must be able to drive commercial terms that represent Booking.com’s best interests , as opposed to simply representing the (potential) partner's requirements and bringing those tasks back to the business.
- Responsible for building a strong pipeline and target list, identifying stakeholders and contact prospects via phone, email and face to face/virtual meetings. Chasing leads and following up on opportunities
- Run all aspects of the Account Management process (perform recurring data-driven assessment of partner health, identify growth initiatives and put in place plans to address, conduct quarterly business reviews) with the objective of growing the overall production of the partnership and ensuring its long term success.
- Build strong network in the markets by attending industry trade shows and events and planning market visits
- Have the ability to sell all Booking.com products, including both accommodations and ground transportation. In addition, have intimate familiarity with other Booking Holding’s Partnership Offerings (e.g. those of Priceline, Rocketmiles, Agoda) and be able to represent those offerings externally and transfer opportunities to the other Brands as appropriate.
- Skilled at performing needs assessment and understanding partners' objectives, and then structure commercial proposals that accomplish these objectives while also achieving Booking.com’s objectives.
- Broad understanding of the suite of Products that we can offer our Partners
- Basic to broad understanding of our suite of tools to use alongside our products
- Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in the travel and/or online/e-commerce segment;
- Eager to work in the multicultural international environment;
- Familiarity with the UK & Ireland travel markets with ideally a strong network in those markets;
- Must be fluent in English, written and spoken;
- Able to negotiate effectively and be comfortable with our more standard commercial deal structures;
- Able to communicate effectively at C-level within SMEs;
- Able to liaise effectively with Amsterdam HQ and other teams within Booking.com and other Booking Holdings brands;
- Team player; willing to support across the region;
- Technical knowledge of XML API;
- Ability to adapt to change in a very fast paced environment.
- Results-oriented and relationship-builder;
- Experience working cross-functionally;
- Ability to work and influence external and internal stakeholders;
- Creative, persistent and outgoing personality, eager to learn;
- Proactive, positive and self-motivated;
- Quick and resourceful, team-player, flexible, accurate, strong analytical skills and an eye for detail;
- Ability to conduct business analysis and build cases excellently, draw commercial conclusions and make suggestions for decision making
- Business, marketing or other relevant (academic) degree;
- Available to travel up to 30% of the time.