Senior Product Manager - Booking Design System
- Amsterdam, China
- Employees can work remotely
At Booking.com, our Design System is used everyday by 1,000+ designers and developers on over 150 product development teams on web, mobile, and email platforms. Ensuring the quality, consistency, and scale of the Booking Design System in a rapidly changing environment is a true challenge and that’s where you come in.
As a Senior Product Manager - Booking Design System you will take the lead in defining what “good” looks like for the overall operational health and quality of our Design System. You will evangelize and represent the area to our entire product community; ensuring and enabling hundreds of product teams across Booking.com to conceptualize, build, and learn from high-quality user experiences with commercial impact.
You will be responsible for detailing the future strategic focus of the Booking Design System, which ships tightly aligned, accessible components on 6 platforms, simultaneously, across multiple products and brands. It’s an atomic design system, meaning, a code-defined hierarchy of related UI elements, containers, and patterns that create elegant, reusable building blocks that decrease the complexity and increase the quality of all Booking product projects and end-user experiences. In short, it’s a big job that touches all product teams, a demanding audience with high standards.
This is a unique opportunity to enable the product development and user experience of the largest travel service in the world.
- Work with our designers and developers directly to make the Design System the most scalable, usable single source of truth for user interface development at Booking.
- Set overall direction and long term vision for the Design System’s operational excellence, to ensure broad adoption, high quality, and frequent updates.
- Collaborate with product managers all across Booking to identify, validate, and prioritize needs and features for UI libraries, tooling, and services.
- Use data to make informed decisions about what the team should work on next, analyze how to implement features, and measure the results.
- Together with an Engineering Manager and a Design Manager facilitate roadmap and sprint plannings, keep track of ongoing support issues SLA
- Because your opinion is data-driven, you will define key business and product success metrics, track them, and improve upon them.
- Liaison with technology, design, and research partners throughout the Booking ecosystem.
- Extensive experience in building products and services as a Senior Product Manager.
- Proven track record of successfully working in a large product organization with 25+ product oriented teams.
- Strong experience of working with web and mobile app products and user experience.
- Strong experience of working with technology, product development processes, and using systems thinking to impact customer experience.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills.
- Team player with a bottom-up ideation process.
- Ability to see the big picture, without losing sight of the product details.
- An analytical orientation and strong problem-solving skills demonstrated by the ability to structure issues and analyze alternative solutions.
- Fluent in the English language both spoken and written.
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real time impact of your work on millions of travelers worldwide
- Working in a fast paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioral and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.