Senior Backend Developer
- Hamilton, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
Mosaic is a technology company built to serve the car wash industry. Subscriptions, marketing and loyalty programs are the backbone of our offering to customers in both Canada and the US. We simplify how our customers work with carwash hardware, so they can focus on growing their revenues sustainably. Headquartered in Hamilton, Ontario we offer the team the flexibility of working remotely or out of our office, as well as benefits.
Mosaic is looking for an experienced individual to join our growing development team. Are you up for the challenge of taking our cloud system development to the next level? The tremendous growth of the last year has highlighted our need for strong cloud-specific development processes to ensure our clients and their customers have a world-class experience every time they use our platform.
The Mosaic system is cloud-based and entirely API-driven, built using serverless FaaS methodology for speed and scalability. We’ve split the system into two parts: customer-facing and admin-facing to best utilize the strengths of AWS for each approach. Automated background processes keep the two sides accurately synchronized.
We are looking for someone who can join our current team of developers to continue to evolve our platform to meet customer needs.
Build a scalable platform
- Code functions in AWS Lambda
- Set up a monitoring stack
- Collaborate with a System Architect to design scalable FaaS cloud architecture for new features and integrations
Champion agile yet sustainable processes
- Iterate on architecture in harmony with an agile workflow
- Break requirements into development tasks, estimate effort, and communicate progress on an ongoing basis
- Lead code reviews to enforce code standards and ensure a high bar for both technical and overall solution quality
- Research new tools, technologies, and development processes
- Build rapid proof of concepts to de-risk big assumptions
We don’t care if you have a degree but we do care that you’re curious and capable. Our ideal applicant will possess many of the qualifications below:
2+ years of experience building and deploying cloud infrastructure.
Passion for building products that positively impact users.
Experience with the following technologies and frameworks:
Deep understanding of core Amazon Web Services, uses, and architecture best practices primarily for, but not limited to:
- API Gateway
As a backend developer, we expect:
- Strong understanding of security best practices
- Strong debugging and QA skills
As a team player, we expect you to:
- Have an inquisitive nature to arrive at root cause issues in order to drive toward effective solutions
- Be able to deliver on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
Bonuses - not required, but helpful
- Data modelling/ETL process/data warehousing
- Full-stack development experience
- Enthusiasm for collaboration – whether that’s Agile, Pair Programming, TDD, or whatever practices that get you going
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Mosaic welcomes applications from all candidates. We especially encourage candidates to apply who are Women, Indigenous, LGBTQ+, People of Colour, candidates in caregiving roles, immigrants, and persons living with disabilities. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of every individual’s contribution to the success of our team, customers, and community. We are committed to equal employment opportunities (EEO) in our recruiting, hiring, employee development and promotion practices.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us so we can help you fully participate in the hiring process.
Please submit your application here: https://airtable.com/shrQnEdToXOUDVQRj