- 2080 E. 49th Street, Los Angeles, CA
Gourmet Food, that’s what Huxtable’s set out to create in 1981, when we first began preparing signature dishes and sauces for local specialty markets. Truth is, our delicious, award winning products are still made in small batches with the finest ingredients available.
Today, Huxtable’s is one of the nation’s premier manufacturers in the home meal replacement category, creating fresh entrees, side dishes, appetizers, soups and holiday meals, for many of the premier specialty, grocery, club stores and restaurants nationwide. With over 200 restaurant quality SKUs we offer traditional American menu items, ethnic food options such as Italian, Mexican and Asian favorites.
As a result of close ties with our sister company, Pasta Kitchen, we are able to produce product on both coasts to ensure maximum quality and freshness. Our geographic reach extends from coast to coast, across all of North America, allowing us to service National and International programs.
Position requires a very dynamic and confident food product developer with strong technical and organizational skills. Culinary experience a plus. Responsible for developing and commercializing high quality fresh meals, salads, dips and sides for a dynamic refrigerated foods company.
- Develops new products from ideation to plant execution for branded and private label products
- Prepare samples for customer presentations and participate in product cuttings providing support to Sales & Marketing
- Responsible for ingredient sourcing/evaluation, assisting plant trials, initial production runs, internal sensory evaluation of products and final product implementation
- Works closely with Quality Assurance, Procurement and Production
- Responsible for ongoing maintenance of recipes/formulations, methodologies and specifications
- 10 years or more of related experience in Food Product Development
- Prior culinary experience a plusDiploma / Degree in Microbiology, Food Science or related discipline an must
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a team
- Exemplary organizational and documentation control skills with emphasis on detail and management of information
- Computer literacy
- Bilingual a plus
All resumes will be kept confidential and only the candidates meeting these requirements will be contacted.