- Willemstad, Curaçao, Willemstad, Netherlands
I AM Recruitment Services & Solutions is opgericht om de behoeften van werkzoekenden met een MBO/HBO- en academisch werk- en denkniveau naar een passende baan met succes in te vullen.
Wij dragen zorg voor het gehele werving en selectie proces ten behoeve van onze opdrachtgevers en verzorgen naar de behoefte van kandidaten, trainingen op maat en persoonlijke begeleiding aangaande het gehele sollicitatieproces.
Samen met onze zuster organisatie I AM Consultancy, Coaching & Training, die producten en diensten levert op het gebied van personeel, organisatie en opleiding, hebben wij de ambitie om de arbeidskracht op Curacao optimaal te helpen benutten.
The KYC/AML Officer is a member of the KYC department responsible for opening, amending, reviewing and exiting clients according to established policies and procedures. The KYC/AML officer should also review client’s transactions to detect and report either proposed or completed unusual transactions.
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Performing the due diligence on new Clients, requesting the KYC information, documentation, review and verification of received documentation and making an analytical risk assessment for new Clients;
• Thoroughly and succinctly document the research and analysis related to the financial activity and related entities of Clients, for an audience that includes Management, Regulators, Internal Audit, Senior Managers and Internal Compliance;
• Periodically evaluate existing Clients according to established policies and procedures;
• Periodical review of KYC records as to completeness, including verifying that due diligence has been performed and that CBC (due diligence) standards are complied with; also that the files and risk assessments are current and up to date;
• Investigating high risk clients and reporting where necessary, including Politically Exposed Persons, and obtaining all necessary documentation to complete the client file;
• Process entries to open/close clients’ account on our KYC / Related Parties and CDD database, and instruct Client Desk to open/close the accounts on account level in Equation where applicable;
• Maintain continuous contact with customer in order to keep customer file updated;
• Process amended client’ records on our KYC / RP and CDD database;
• Communicate effectively and efficiently with relevant internal and external parties to obtain KYC documents;
• Have a thorough understanding of client’s business and related parties in order to monitor client’s activities for unusual transactions;
• Perform further investigation on identified suspicious client and client’s transactions and report to KYC/AML compliance officer;
• Responsible for a good understanding of CBC’s due diligence regulations, policies and procedures;
• Specific projects which may rise from time to time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
• Must have a Bachelor degree in law or business administration or country equivalent in a related discipline together with equivalent working experience;
• Alternatively can show strong analytical skills from another discipline, e.g. sciences.
Previous Work Experience / Skill Set:
• 2-3 years of experience in similar position
• Alternatively can show strong analytical skills from another discipline, e.g. sciences
• Can demonstrate experience in KYC work within the financial service industry
• Good understanding of AML and CTF framework
• Hedge fund industry and/or Trust business experience is an advantage
• Experience with AML monitoring and screening is an advantage
• Compliance qualification is an advantage
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
• Must have good planning and time management/prioritization skills
• Ability to work independently and also to liaise with other departments
• Good interpersonal skills
• Must have good knowledge of Microsoft office applications
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.