- El Segundo, CA
Internet Brands, Inc. is a leading Internet media company that operates community and e-commerce web sites in a number of categories, such as Automotive, Travel, Shopping, Finance, Careers, Home, and Leisure. With a flexible and scalable platform, we operate a rapidly growing network of over 1,000 websites, web-based, and software products that offer consumers the ability to share information through extensive online communities, view a vast variety of articles and content, and to make informed purchasing decisions for a wide range of goods and services.
Internet Brands’ sites are often leaders in their categories and have received dozens of best-in-class awards. Our flagship site, CarsDirect.com, is the leading multi-brand online car buying service and has been providing new car, used car, and auto finance-related content and services since 1998. Included amongst our other highly popular products are:
- vBulletin – The international leader in forum and community publishing software. Forums all over the world use vBulletin to build and power their online communities.
- ModelMayhem.com – A fashion industry powerhouse and the go-to networking site for professional models, photographers, make-up artists, and designers from around the globe.
- ApartmentRatings.com - The largest online rating community for rental housing and one of the top 5 most-visited apartment hunting sites in the world.
- BensBargains.net – A leading electronics and technology shopping site that brings our visitors all of the best deals the Internet has to offer.
- CorvetteForum.com – One of the largest sports and muscle car communities in the world, dedicated to all things fast and furious.
We’re looking for a motivated Software Engineer with a passion for quality and an eye for detail.
The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years of software development experience, experience with web-based technologies and testing, and meticulous attention to detail.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Completion a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field from an accredited four-year university.
- Strong programming skills in Java, PHP or Python.
- Experience with JUnit, PHPUnit, or TestNG framework.
- Experience with Linux.
- Knowledge of design patterns, data structures, and algorithms.
- Ability to quickly understand and gain domain expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities. Must be able to investigate an issue, isolate its probable cause, and provide a reliable method for reproducing the issue.
- Strong understanding of Agile SDLC.
- Strong understanding of software engineering and SQA methodologies.
- Strong documentation and communication skills within a team environment.
- Understanding of web-delivered applications.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases.