- Toronto, Canada
We are a global team of dedicated and experienced architects, engineers, planners, designers and technology professionals who share a common desire – to help our clients create livable, sustainable, and advanced urban environments.
From high-rises to industrial buildings, schools to state-of-the-art hospitals, transit stations to highways, airports to toll systems, bike lanes to parks, we design every aspect of a truly integrated city for people to live, work, and play.
Our collaborative and combined approach focuses not only on creating the best solutions today, but also determining the right solutions for tomorrow.
We believe cities in the future must be designed with intelligent systems, sustainable buildings, efficient infrastructure, and a human touch.
At IBI, we’re defining the cities of tomorrow.
IBI Group's Toronto-head office is searching for an Intern Architect to join its growing team. This role is requiring a candidate who is highly motivated, detail oriented and creative with hands-on experience working on large scale projects through all phases; from design development, construction documentation to contract administration. The ideal individual will have related Transit station (TTC & Metrolinx) design experience but it is NOT a requirement. Are you up for the challenge?
• Assist the Project Lead in coordinating and managing workload
• Attend design team meetings
• Assist with development and management of the contract documents and specifications
• Assist with the coordination of quality control of design and document deliverables ensuring adherence to design objectives, budgets, code requirements and other regulations
• Engages in creative design development tasks individually or as part of a team
• Prepares design presentations including renderings, PowerPoint and printed/mounted panels as required
• Assists in general office support tasks as required
• Other responsibilities - as determined on an individual project basis
• Completed Architectural Degree or Diploma, or related Architectural Technology education
• Ideal candidate will have minimum 2 years' experience in an Intern Architect role; working on mid to large scale projects
• Transit station design and construction documentation experience ideal but not required; otherwise a variety of institutional, healthcare, high density high rise, mid rise, mixed use experience is relevant
• Registered with OAA as Intern Architect
• Proficient with the following software: AutoCAD, Revit SketchUp and Microsoft Office and graphic software
• Excellent design/design development and graphics skills
• Experience with developing and researching appropriate details and construction sequencing
• Excellent initiative, attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Excellent verbal and written English required
• Proficient in verbal and written French considered an asset
NOTE: along with your resume, a portfolio (or work samples) should also be submitted for consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. IBI Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.