Database Administrator CTH
- Phoenix, AZ
IDEALFORCE has a CONTRACT position available immediately for a Sr. Database Administrator to join our prestigious customer in Phoenix Arizona. This is an ONSITE position. Please find below additional details about this job. Kindly respond with your most up to date resume if you would like to pursue this opportunity.
90 Days Contract to Hire position:
ONLY LOCAL ARIZONA CANDIDATES NEEDS TO APPLY
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Monitor capacity, performance, and tuning of all SQL servers; troubleshoot server and database problems; maximize performance and tuning of all SQL servers. Understand execution plans.
Create and review database designs and databases with proper index architecture related code; assist development team with specifications and requirements regarding data and database design following division standards and best practices.
Perform normal day-to-day administrative tasks, such as security and access management, support of normal scheduled jobs, support of backup and recovery jobs. Assist with code and data migrations from one environment to another.
Migrate and transform data from and to the different database environments. Design and build internal applications/processes to improve the administration and support of the database/application environment. Install and test upgrades and patches for the database servers and the database management tools in all environments. Provide on-call support on a team rotation.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (Advanced); Virtual Machine/VMware (Intermediate)
Programming Languages/Development Tools:
Visual Studio (Intermediate)
Database Systems/Database Tools:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 (Performance Monitor - Intermediate); SSRS 2008 R2 (Desired Tools: SQL Sentry, Idera (SQL Admin Toolset, Comparison Toolset & Compliance Manager); T-SQL Profiler (Other desired tool: MS Windows Debug diagnostic)
- .Net 4.0 Framework (Intermediate)
QA/Testing - Approaches, Applications:
- Systems Development Methodologies SDM (Intermediate); MS Project (Intermediate)
- TFS-Team Foundation Server; Deploy web apps using MSI; ITS (Internet Info Server)
LOCAL CANDIDATES PREFERRED
- "All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines".
- All candidates who are authorized to work in US are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.