The Information Security Engineer will support the Information Security Manager to provide the highest quality of information assurance solutions to our customers. The primary function of this role is to monitor and analyze SIEM/IDS devices. In addition, the Information Security Engineer will be responsible for ongoing assessments and tracking of adherence to required security guidelines across the enterprise.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in information security and syslog analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• On a daily basis, monitor the IDS/SIEM systems and corresponding syslogs.
• Identify, analyze, and triage potential security issues and drive appropriate mitigations
• Monitor for data leakage and inappropriate use of confidential data.
• Produce clear and concise documentation in support of security engineering, incident response and validation activities
• Conduct security vulnerability assessments on networks and work with various IT teams for remediation.
• Develop, manage and document security test methodologies and systems
• Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
• Review and recommend new security policies and resources.
• Other duties as assigned.