Information Security Engineer (24885)
- Phoenix, AZ
IDEALFORCE has a CONTRACT TO HIRE (W2) position available immediately for Information Secruity Engineer to join our customer in Phoenix, Arizona. This is an ONSITE position. Please find below additional details about this job. Kindly respond with your most up to date resume if you would like to pursue this opportunity.
The Information Security Engineer will support the Information Security Manager to provide the highest quality of information assurance solutions to our customers. The primary function of this role is to monitor and analyze SIEM/IDS devices. In addition, the Information Security Engineer will be responsible for ongoing assessments and tracking of adherence to required security guidelines across the enterprise.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in information security and syslog analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• On a daily basis, monitor the IDS/SIEM systems and corresponding syslogs.
• Identify, analyze, and triage potential security issues and drive appropriate mitigations
• Monitor for data leakage and inappropriate use of confidential data.
• Produce clear and concise documentation in support of security engineering, incident response and validation activities
• Conduct security vulnerability assessments on networks and work with various IT teams for remediation.
• Develop, manage and document security test methodologies and systems
• Train users and promote security awareness to ensure system security and to improve server and network efficiency.
• Review and recommend new security policies and resources.
• Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Three (3) years as a system administration role.
• CISCO CCNA or higher
• Strong experience and detailed technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
• Experienced with Vulnerability Scanning
• Experience with IDS technology and creation of rules.
• In depth knowledgeable of Information Security Management systems such as ISO 27001 or NIST 800-30.
Ideal Candidate will possess:
• ISC2 CISSP certification
• CISCO CCNP certification
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Computer Information systems or equivalent
combination of education and 5 years of Information Security experience.
- "All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines".
- All candidates who are authorized to work in US are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.