Senior Software Engineer - R&D, Business Applications (Asset Management)
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
SUMMARY OF POSITION AND OBJECTIVES:
A software engineer at IFS designs, develops and maintains software included in IFS products. This work is focused on interpreting and analyzing functional and technical requirements to create fit-for-purpose and enterprise-grade software. Usability, maintainability, security and performance are key aspects of this work.
- Deliver and maintain high quality software by oneself and together, within a team, including; analysis, design, code, testing, documentation, operation, support, etc.
- Promote high quality engineering of the target solutions;
- Collaborate with users, functional analysts, application architects, deployment team(a) and other stakeholders to design fit for purpose software and features;
- Create and contribute to a good team spirit.
- An ideal candidate is expected to be self-motivated with a get-it-done attitude; the ability to think critically; enjoy working with teams spread globally and across cultures; a desire to learn in new areas; and the discipline to pay attention to deadlines, details and quality
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to interact with the team positively and help them to succeed in their sprint deliverables.
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Previous working experience with Enterprise grade software is a definite advantage.
- Knowledge in .Net framework, Java, Oracle PL/SQL and Scripting.
- The ability work in distributed Global team set up.
- 2-3 years experience in the industry will be an added advantage.
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.