Senior/Lead Software Engineer Quality Assurance—Experience Framework R&D
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We in the Experience Framework team in R&D have a lot of exciting challenges in the roadmap. To help us on this journey we are now looking for a driven, agile Senior/Lead Software Engineer Quality Assurance, who is passionate about quality and finding creative solutions to automate complex test scenarios.
A Software Engineer Quality Assurance in Experience Framework has an agile mindset with an openness to new ideas and challenges. He/she does not limit themselves to only solving test related issues but can look at quality as a whole and have both expert and general expertise in testing to be able to take on specific as well as general testing challenges. The Software Engineer Quality Assurance is part of a cross-functional development team and works with the team to develop software of high quality.
We are practicing modern test approaches to enable a shift-left transformation and building quality in. To be successful, you need to:
- have a good knowledge of the software development life cycle and be passionate about ensuring software quality in our products
- be able to drive agile testing by embracing change, collaborate with different roles, understand how to use tests as requirements and to drive development using a test-first approach
- have a high-level mindset and always consider the whole and view the product from a customer or end-user point-of-view.
- be a driver of continuous improvement in areas such as automation, continuous integration, and processes using industry DevOps best practices.
- continuously expand your process- and technical domain knowledge, and share this knowledge to guide others
- be able to lead, take initiative and have a high sense of responsibility
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology
- 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance
- 2+ years of experience in test automation
- Experience in driving test automation in agile development processes– Test Design, Test Scripting, Test Data Creation
- Solid understanding of QA processes, best practices, testing techniques, and methodologies
- Ability to decide on test strategies, and create test plans and test cases of high quality
- Be able to coach / guide developers in our teams
- Be able to code review both high- and low-level tests
- Hands-on experience in test automation tools such as Cypress, Jest, Selenium, JMeter
- Technical expertise in DevOps, CI/CD (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher) & agile aspects of software development pipelines & software testing
- Be able to improve QA standards and documentations
- Experience in end-to-end testing of web applications
- Experience in using GIT repository management solutions such as Bitbucket
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas is a definite plus;
- Knowledge in UI-, Performance-, Security- and Usability Testing
- Knowledge in Low-Level & High-Level Testing
- Knowledge in Test Data Management and Test Documentation
- Knowledge in test-driven development or test-first approaches
- Proven experience working with enterprise-scale application
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.