Software Engineer / Senior Software Engineer - DevOps (R&D, Platform Engineering Team)
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Software engineers are the ones that ensure that what we develop at IFS R&D can also run effectively in production and at the same time drive automation of processes spanning from framework development to customer deployment.
A Software Engineer will take the lead in designing, developing, deploying and maintaining new and existing tooling/automation solutions to enable IFS to further drive the reliability and efficiency of its operation platforms. A Software Engineer at IFS is a driver of further automation in the area in which the person is working and ensures continued robustness of the team’s daily operations. This work is focused on ensuring that continuous integration, testing, and deployment is facilitated through the use of industry best-practices and tools.
A Software Engineer uses their technical know-how to support the entire IFS organization to develop services in such a way that they always can be deployed and tested with a high degree of automation. They demonstrate a strong commitment to the service and process quality and take proactive action to prevent issues from arising and resolve them quickly and effective when they still do occur.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Identify opportunities for new or enhanced automations to drive efficiencies within the organization, producing designs and plans to address those opportunities
- Drive the maintenance and expansion of existing automations and related processes in the organization.
- Create documentation, presentation, and training material
- Engage with relevant stakeholders
- Share knowledge, guide, and train colleagues
- Contribute in activities related to market research and competitive analysis
- Source code management skills - Git/Bitbucket
- Automation server knowledge (Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.)
- Automation server job creation and orchestration
- CI/CD pipeline skills in general
- Knowledge in one of the major tool sets (Azure pipelines, Bitbucket, Gitlab, etc.)
- Knowledge of docker and containerization
- Container orchestration and associated tooling (K8s, helm, terraform, etc.)
- Test data management skills
- Knowledgeable in Linux/Unix/Windows
- Quality assurance skills
- Should be a good communicator, competent to effectively communicate with all technical and nontechnical teams.
- Good understanding of scripting (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Ansible) and automation skills.
- Learn new technologies and theories and apply them when necessary.
- Should be a good team player.
- Willingness to accept challenges and show high level of enthusiasm
- A University degree, or equivalent professional qualifications, in software/system engineering or IT operations is essential
- At least 2 years of experience building and managing large distributed systems – ideally in an agile environment
- Experience working with cloud-based infrastructure in AWS or Azure or Google Cloud
- Work with a geographically dispersed team to ensure continuity of support and expertise
- Effective communication and colaboration skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing operations and projects with multiple models of delivery (in-house, managed service, outsourced)
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible,
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.