Software Engineer (BI Report/Dashboard Development)
- Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- Employees can work remotely
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company where informal hierarchies promote simplicity and trust with responsibility. We strive to deepen our expertise by taking on challenging and varying work assignments in a collaborative environment together with committed colleagues. With professionalism and a strong customer focus in everything we do, from R&D to Sales and Consultancy, we are proud to serve world-class customers all over the globe with our leading products.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
The Software Engineer attached to COE Business Intelligence will require to help design and implement analytics programs, generate reports, and collaborate with our Business Process Owners and the BI team to ensure we are optimizing our resources and maximizing our market share. To succeed in this position, you must be driven and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Essential duties and accountabilities
- Build reporting capabilities using data visualization tools, including Power BI, and represent results in easy-to-understand, interactive dashboards
- Use data analysis to measure performance, test hypotheses, develop insights and make recommendations
- Data modeling & forecasting
- Develop ad-hoc queries and reports based on requirements
- Apply creative and practical solutions to automate reporting activities
- Write and maintain ETL processes for extracting and preparing data
- Communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders
Overall required competence
- Excellent written and communication skills
- A keen eye for details and aptitude for working with data
- Highly accurate and thorough in all tasks
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks
- Strong problem-solving skills and an analytical mind
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Required education & experience
- A minimum of 1 year experience working in analytics or a relevant field
- Work experience with Agile sprints, SQL and HTML
- Experience data warehousing, ETL processes, data formatting, data integrated tools: SSIS
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office, databases, web-based applications
- Proven experience as a collaborative team player
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required, or equivalent training or work experience
Additional certifications (demonstrating an interest in continued education/personal growth)
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible.
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.