Software Engineer - Global Consulting Delivery
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
The Global Consulting Delivery organization of IFS is on the lookout for a dynamic and open-minded individual to join us as a Software Engineer. You will be part of a global team, which is dedicated to design, develop and support tailor-made solutions to specific business requirements of IFS customers.
The Software Engineer’s role is to analyze, develop, implement, and quality assure customized software included in IFS Product Family, services, and/or other solutions. The Software Engineer will take an active part in various phases of IFS Projects globally in order to meet the Customer’s development needs. In addition, the Software Engineer at IFS continuously expands their functional and technical domain knowledge and shares this knowledge to guide others.
- Develop fit for purpose software, based on functional and technical requirements
- Consult IFS Customers as a Technical Expert through direct Customer engagement
- Create configurations on IFS Products based on Customer requirements (Extensibility)
- Work as part of a project team, good communication and engagement with requirement owners and other stakeholders.
- Deliver consistent quality on assignments, ensuring usability, maintainability, security and performance while ensuring customer satisfaction and solution fit
- Make every effort possible to execute and complete assigned projects within the constraints of time, scope and budget of the project
- An academic background with a Bachelor or Masters’ degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Equivalent training/work experience
- Proficiency in C# .Net and SQL
- Strong analytical skills and a technical mindset
- Willingness to travel to customer sites as needed
- The ability to work with distributed global teams
- Fluent in English and local language.
- Engineering/architectural practices and principles
- Good experience in Software Engineering and delivering consistent quality as a part of a project team
- Basic business application knowledge
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com