Elite Solution Expert for Databases
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
While IFS is growing rapidly and also targeting larger customers, the resolution of critical issues from our customers’ needs to be taken to the next level. With the Elite Solution Expert team we complement the Escalation Lead with the technical and application expertise needed to analyse and resolve critical situations for our customers efficiently and sustainably. The focus is to de-escalate the situation as quickly as possible, which is done by understanding the criticality in the context of the customer’s end-to-end business process and solution landscape and by working in tight cooperation with all experts needed from IFS in Support, Services, Cloud Services, R&D and others. This will provide our customers the best moment of service when they need it most. An additional purpose of this team is to share knowledge across the IFS expert teams on how to avoid critical situations and also to give input to R&D on product topics and analysis tools.
What’s in it for you? This is a demanding but also rewarding role, where you work as part of a team to turn around challenging customer situations. As an elite team member, you will constantly grow and develop your technical, application and personal skillset to accommodate evolving technologies and practices, so that you are becoming a recognised as leader in your field of expertise. By making de-escalation a team approach an overload of individual experts is avoided. Sufficient time to grow and keep your skills up to date, such as by rotation to R&D, is key and will be made available.
The Elite Solution Expert’s role is focused on de-escalation of critical situations for customers and provide the input to other IFS organizations for preventing such escalations. During critical customer situations, they will:
- Investigate the issue in the context of the customer’s business process and solution landscape to identify what caused the issue
- Work with the Customer Escalation Lead, Incident Owner and other team members to identify the best solution, workaround or an action plan so that the situation is de-escalated as quickly as possible
- Execute analysis and corrective actions in IFS application and technology
- Contribute to internal and external executive communication on planned actions and their status
- Identify and confirm the underlying root cause to trigger improvements in IFS products and services
- Create knowledge base articles and add to IFS community for the issue’s root cause, resolution possibilities and analysis path
- Continuously expand functional and technical domain knowledge and share this knowledge with other
- An academic background with a Bachelors’ degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, IT, Engineering (or equivalent educational experience)
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills and technical mindset
- Fluent in English and local language
- Strong technical experience with Oracle (mandatory) and Microsoft SQL Server Database technology, and database configuration and tuning expertise
- The ability to work well with others
- Professional fluency (written and verbal) in English language
- The ability to learn swiftly, both in terms of product and customer business
- Live IFS values
- Work experience as either Technical Solution Manager, Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, System & Database administrator, Database Engineer, Support Consultant or Technical Consultant
- Broad technical skill set, with a working familiarity of the various technologies and technical topics required to deploy, implement, and support the IFS product suite
- Experience with integration and interface technologies
- The ability to undertake planned travel, globally.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with commitment to our customers, has made us a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees supports more than 10,000 customers worldwide from a network of local offices and through our growing ecosystem of partners. For more information, visit: IFS.com