Lead Software Engineer - Development /Support (Java,Angular), R&D IT Service Management
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
At IFS you will work in a growing, global enterprise software company built upon committed and empowered colleagues who come to work knowing they are making a difference. We work every day within our single platform and embedded digital innovation to help our customers be their best when it really matters to their customers – at the Moment of Service™. We take pride in ensuring that our employees are able to achieve the company goals as well as develop their career. We believe empowered autonomy, committed colleagues and being part of a winning team are the keys to our success and what makes us great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Goal of IFS ESM is to recreate ITSM for the world of distributed working and citizen developers. We’re taking traditional IT service management (ITSM) to the next level, offering employees across the entire enterprise the opportunity to work better and smarter.
We have a proven track record of success, recognized by Gartner and Forrester, with implementations across all industries including many Fortune 500 businesses and large government agencies. We’re dedicated to delivering great enterprise software solutions to over 10,000+ customers worldwide.
We are in a process of expanding the capabilities of the IFS assyst product, initially on the current more traditional technology stack and then on a cloud native stack expected from around Q3/Q4 2022.
We require an experienced Lead Software Engineer with a passion for problem solving to join our Team to complete detailed technical, 3rd level analysis and investigation into problems with our software reported by customers and to pro-actively resolve / suggest workarounds or fully document confirmed issues for fixing in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or professional qualifications and 5+ years of work experience in developing & supporting production enterprise Applications.
- Prior experience in software production support will be an added advantage.
- Prior experience in software support tools such as ServiceNow will be an added advantage.
- Create a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships by developing a deep understanding of the problem, ensuring timely resolution or escalation.
- Experience in Spring/Java server applications and PHP
- Experience in Java technologies and RESTful APIs.
- Experience in Java persistence frameworks such as Hibernate/JPA
- RDBMS knowledge and experience, e.g., SQL Server and/or Oracle.
- Experience in Microsoft IIS, Microsoft Active Directory will be an added advantage
- Very good inter-personal skills, including the ability to work successfully in an Agile environment.
- Good Team player.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues in various levels
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Familiarity with Cloud platforms such as Azure will be an advantage.
- Work with tools such as Jenkins, Docker for cloud operation work.
- Ability to perform troubleshooting to identify the Root Cause and resolve the issue or reassign the ticket as needed.
- Should be Self Driven.
Interviews and selections are being made continuously. If you are interested, apply as soon as possible. For more information get in touch with [email protected]
As a step in our recruitment process, all final candidates will undergo a background check, to get us an understanding of our future employees.
We respectfully decline all offers of recruitment and/or advertising assistance.
IFS develops and delivers enterprise software for customers around the world who manufacture and distribute goods, build and maintain assets, and manage service-focused operations. The industry expertise of our people and solutions, together with a commitment to delivering value to every one of our customers, has made IFS a recognized leader and the most recommended supplier in our sector. Our team of 4,000 employees and growing ecosystem of partners support more than 10,000 customers around the world challenge the status quo and realize their competitive advantage. Learn more about how our enterprise software solutions can help your business today at ifs.com.