Presales Consultant – Service Management Japan
- IFS Referral Bonus Code: SH21
- Job location: On site
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with 5000+ employees on all continents. We deliver award-winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service™.
At IFS, we're flexible, we're innovative, and we're focused not only on how we can engage with our customers, but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society's greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We're looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we'll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
Presales Consultants are specialists in new sale and customer development. With an important role in the sale phase creating business opportunities with a solution-oriented perspective, The Presales consultant will demonstrate to the customers how our product will fulfil their functional needs and deliver the value expected from the investment.
The Presales Consultant is accountable for preparation of presentations and product demonstrations and should work to build trusting relationships internally with their sales teams locally and internationally as well as with customers and partners.
Sales and Business Development Activity:
- Provide answers to technical questions within the Request for Information (RFI) or a Request for Proposal (RFP) process
- Support with technical qualification of sales opportunities
- Build demonstrations aligned with the customers key business objectives
- Demonstrate business benefits and value to a customer of a technical solution
- Ensure discipline of excellence and passion to every customer engagement
- Ensure the successful delivery of Proof of Concepts (POC) is tied to the customers’ success criteria and business initiatives
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of IFS products and services including roadmaps and occasional liaison with Product Management
- Appreciation of the major customers’ needs to provide and/or propose commercially and viable product/solution improvement feedbacks
- Team work with consulting Solution Architect to articulate a proper economical solution for the customer in relation with the evaluated and perceived value delivery
- Manage a long-term relationship with a customer throughout the lifetime of sales and implementation process to become a trusted advisor of the client
- Work collaboratively with sales channels providing strategy, guidance, tactics and industry knowledge working towards annual sales team objectives
- Effectively convey IFS’ value proposition, product suite, technical architecture, and deployment model to customers/partners organizations
- Create awareness of IFS consulting capabilities by inputting to the creation of campaigns, marketing materials, sales and technical documentation
- Actively contribute to marketing activities
- Create customer success story and knowledge sharing, both internal and external purpose
- Coach and mentor fellow Consultants through trainings and On Job hands on training
- Lead and contribute on internal initiatives like designing and development of accelerators, templates or tools
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of existing IFS processes and methodology
- An academic background in engineering, Business or IT (or equivalent hands on experience)
- Successful delivery of projects in a relevant industry setting, preferably in a similar role
- Solid domain functional expertise aligned to the role focus
- Experiences in managing all levels of management in the customer organization to achieve project success
- Ability to help customers to prioritize business needs to meet budget and timing constraint
- Ability to articulate and explain technologies with business acumen
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
- Excellent communication skills in English and a local language based on role location
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Solid knowledge of IFS products, or similar competitive solutions
- Specific industry knowledge from target industries aligned to the role focus
- Formal Project Management training and certifications (such as Project Management Institute, Prince 2, IPMA and so on)