Market Hall Group Leader
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Come help us create a better everyday life for the many people. That’s the IKEA vision. We do that by offering a wide range of home furnishings with good design and function at prices so low that as many people will be able to afford them.
Do you value simplicity, cost-consciousness, a humble attitude, and willpower? Then an IKEA career may be right for you.
We strive for excellent leadership to lead business and people together. We believe people learn and develop best when they perform and deliver in the real world.
• Ensure that systems and methods stated in IKEA Concept Documentation are implemented in the Market hall area operations
• Together with the market hall sales manager and the Com & In department, secure that IKEA store provides a commercial range presentation in the Market hall and all add on sales areas, and that the customers perceive IKEA as a competent home furnishing specialist
• Ensure that the 3 Ace and King concept is well presented in your area.
• Ensure that all the AS-IS items are sent and available before opening the store
• Prepare the report for the out of stock items and regularly follow-up on this report to ensure availability
• Strive to reach the IKEA positioning objectives
• Steer the performance in your area in the Market hall and add on sales areas operations towards maximized sales and optimized long-term profit by:
- Applying sales methods in accordance with the Selling in the Market hall the IKEA way manual and the Range presentation the IKEA way manual and Add on sales the IKEA way manual
- Ensure the implementation of the sales objectives defined in the Market hall range sales budget
- Setting standards for the store operating procedures in the Market hall area
• Ensure that all co-workers are properly trained including development programs to secure the store performance and succession needs
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of the local home furnishings market (e.g. customers, trends and competition).
• Implement the annual business plan with the Market hall sales manager in regards to your own areas of responsibility
• You are also responsible for the execution of the stores’ commercial calendar in coordination with the market hall sales manager
• You regularly conduct competitor analysis and coordinate with the Market Hall Manager to take appropriate actions
• Follow-up and communicate to the Market hall sales manager the agreed KPI’s within your area of responsibility
• Follow up and communicate to the market hall sales manager the KPI’s and sales steering on:
- Store activity report
- Sales per department
- Out of stock items
- Logistics KPI report
• Monitor the uniform and attendance of the co-workers in your area, and coordinate their vacation plan
• You are responsible to ensure the safety of customers and employees within your area
General retailing experience
• Must have a minimum 3-5 years retail experience
• Must have tactical abilities
• Must have a strong enthusiasm and interest in home furnishings
• Must have the ability to quickly develop in-depth knowledge of local market business conditions and competitive environment
• Must have highly developed merchandising and sales steering knowledge
• Must be able to work actively with visual merchandising techniques to influence customers impulse buying decisions
• Must be computer literate
• Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to share knowledge and learning
• Must be able to build working relationships
• Must be able to speak and understand English, Arabic is a Plus
• Must have proven leadership abilities and lead by example
• Must have the ability to bring out the best in co-workers and to motivate and develop the organization
• Must have the ability to create an environment where the IKEA values are a strong and living reality that
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.