Senior Data Scientist | Biostatistician
- R. Dr. Plácido da Costa, 4200-450 Porto, Portugal
iLoF is working to enable a new era of personalized medicine by using AI and photonics to build a cloud-based library of diseases biomarkers and biological profiles.
It is providing screening and stratification tools in an affordable, fast, portable way, saving up to 40% of cost and 70% of the time spent screening on clinical trials.
Supported by leading institutions like Microsoft Ventures, Mayfield or the Oxford University, iLoF is currently focusing a validated platform technology in one of the biggest epidemics of our times: Alzheimer's, while maintaining ongoing verticals on Digestive Cancer, Stroke and Infectious diseases.
Recognized by CB Insights a one of the most promising Digital Health companies in the world and by the Financial Times as a Transformational Business in Healthcare, iLoF has been regularly featured in leading outlets like Tech Crunch, Wired and Sifted and listed as a rising star in AI-Driven Drug Discovery, Health Screening & Data Analytics.
- Join our growing science team to advance, innovate and validate our world-class optomics platform
- Be part of a cross-functional, highly skilled, motivated team, using our platform to advance clinical and scientific use-cases and bring the company to the next level.
- Work with our technology development team to collect and understand data, provide insights on platform potentialities and improvements.
- Work with our Product team to assist on the validation of functional requirements and value generation for our customers
- Work with our Regulatory affairs team to assure our product hits the highest quality standards
- Design, plan, and analyse experiments for innovation and product rollout.
- Plan and execute scientific communication strategies through peer-reviewed research, review articles and presentations at national and international conferences.
- Ph.D. in Computational Physics, Computational Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in data science and artificial intelligence applied to biological systems
- Track record of analysis and development of various data science methods
- Machine learning
- Deep learning
- Computational science
- Strong theoretical and experimental skills in designing experiments to increase the explainability of AI models applied to biosignal applications
- Track record of scientific excellence, critical and pro-active thinking, problem-solving skills and multitasking
- Team player and capable of integrating a multidisciplinary and dynamic team
- Fluent in English, with strong writing and communication skills.
Benefits & perks:
- Competitive compensation
- Equity options
- Fast career progression in a rapidly-scaling startup