Data Scientist / Developer
QuintilesIMS is a leading integrated information and technology-enabled worldwide healthcare service provider. Formed by the merger of Quintiles and IMS Health, we use our experience, resources and reputation to help our clients drive healthcare forward.
A career at QuintilesIMS will give you the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients improve patient healthcare and make real medical breakthroughs.
The Analytics Center of Excellence
Drawing on the strengths of Quintiles and IMS Health, QuintilesIMS is creating the next generation of clinical development. Our new solutions combine world-class clinical research and data-driven insights to offer clients more precise and predictable paths to product approval.
Our new Analytics Center of Excellence (Analytics COE) harnesses our global healthcare insights, working closely with our clinical and therapeutic experts to power evidence-driven design, speed site activation and recruit the right patients, faster. This is a new unit within our business, integrated within Clinical Operations. We’re using big data and advanced analytics to derive insights that transform clinical development and bring new medicines to patients faster through successful trial delivery.
This multi-functional team is an innovation for our business, requiring entrepreneurial and independent thinking to build our capability. Unique and with a global view, this Center of Excellence is a chance to revolutionize the clinical research industry.
Data Scientist/Developer– the role
As a data science software developer, this is a unique opportunity to build unparalleled in-depth knowledge within our business. Working with modern distributed analytics systems, complex data, and challenging projects, you will have the opportunity to deploy complex methodology and machine learning techniques into a production environment.
Your typical activities might include:
- Collaborating with business owners, subject matter experts, and go to market teams to deploy methodology into an automated environment.
- Deploying machine learning algorithms and statistical algorithms within an Apache Spark environment.
- Optimizing code to run efficiently in a distributed environment.
- Overseeing multiple projects from concept to completion.
- Production deployments of advanced analytics.
- Comprehensive testing of your own code.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- At least two years of relevant software development experience.
- Alternatively, a relevant combination of education, training and work experience.
- Experience with Spark, SparkR, and PySpark.
- Experience with R and Python.
- Strong SQL or Hive skills.
- Experience with statistical methodology is preferred.
- Experience within agile development environments such as JIRA.
- Git experience.
Total Rewards: We invest in people through a range of initiatives in compensation, benefits, and learning and development, and we strive to create an environment where our employees are challenged, empowered and can flourish.
QuintilesIMS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We cultivate a diverse corporate culture across the 100+ countries where we operate, celebrating and rewarding teamwork and inclusiveness. By embracing our differences, we create innovative solutions that are good for IMS, our clients, and the advancement of healthcare everywhere.