SharePoint Designer and Administrator
- Mooresville, NC
IOMAX USA, Inc. was established in 2001 and is headquartered in Mooresville, North Carolina.
IOMAX operates by our Corporate Vision to be recognized and respected by U.S. and foreign governments as a reliable supplier of innovative solutions addressing extremely challenging domestic and foreign security issues.
IOMAX is a full spectrum provider for signals intelligence and airborne system solutions serving customers across the globe. Our “Triangle of Excellence” includes a proficient Field Support Division, a full service professional Training Division and a world-class Aircraft Division with decades of aerospace experience providing solutions for aircraft, ISR and weapon systems.
Our aircraft system solutions are tailored for customer requirements and rapidly brought to reality with IOMAX’s demonstrated quick reaction capability. IOMAX delivers the entire system solution including the aircraft, aircraft systems, weapons, air and ground crew training, maintenance, and logistics.
JOB DESCRIPTION – SharePoint Designer & Administrator
Position Title: SharePoint Designer & Administrator
Position Classification: Salary Exempt
Position Status: Full-Time
Functional Area: Corporate Support—IT
Reports To: IT Manager
Duty Location: Mooresville, NC
Hazardous Duty: No
Travel Required: Minimal
This position is located Mooresville, NC.
This position will work with functional leaders and developers to implement custom SharePoint applications and site definitions for IOMAX.
Additionally, this position will manage all SharePoint operations to include: MS SharePoint and SQL server, apply operating system and application service packs, perform system backups and restorations, management of groups and user accounts and site permissions, auditing, management of SharePoint sites, management of search and indexing functions, and system and user functional troubleshooting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design deploy and administer MS Office SharePoint Server 2010 and SQL 2008
To include deploy hotfixes, updates and service packs and optimize SharePoint and SQL performance.
- Deploy and configure share point sites including; creating and managing web applications and site collections, and enabling end user access, create and manage DNS entries to maintain connectivity to SharePoint from inside and outside the IOMAX LAN.
Development of automating corporate solutions, web forms, PTO forms, and administering workflow processes
- Train employees to utilize SharePoint functionality and all IT services.
- Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for SharePoint administration and appropriate use.
- Provide ideas and solutions based on customer needs
- Keep updated with computer/ server/software technology
- Advise management on software and hardware support issues
- May perform other directly related duties as assigned
- Develop and support custom SharePoint web parts, applications, site collections and features
- Develop and support custom SharePoint master pages and page layouts
- Experience in SharePoint health monitoring, provide log analysis, and performance tuning if required.
- Customize the search functionality, user profiles and setup service applications.
- Ability to create custom workflows, web parts, and create solutions using visual studio.
Applicant will be responsible for training all IOMAX users in the use of SharePoint. The applicant will develop training materials based on their designs and present to employees upon completion of site design, Site modification, application development or for a new site function.
- MCP, SQL and SharePoint, MS Project Server (nice to have but not required.)
- Three years plus of experience in SharePoint design, development and administration.
- Network + or 2 years networking experience.
- Security + training.
- Office applications
- Good Verbal and written communications.
Applicants must possess proficiency of Microsoft products. The candidate must possess a strong knowledge of the web based applications and backend administration systems HTML, ASP.net and able to learn others on the fly. Operational experience applying SharePoint solutions to real world problem sets.
Desired Skills & Capabilities:
- SharePoint Designer, SharePoint 2007, 2010 SQL server 2008, ASP.net, Visual Studio, MySQL, Active Directory, DNS, IIS, MS Exchange. TCP/IP and enterprise networking and disaster recovery techniques.
- Conceptual thinker, team player
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to take direction,
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Ability to work with non-technical staff and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve high level of results.
INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENT: Applicants must be willing to be subjected to a background investigation to determine suitability for a security clearance if it is determined it is needed for this position. A Single Scope Background Investigations (SSBI) must be completed and favorably adjudicated before employment in this position.(If it is determined it is required) If required, Continued employment is contingent upon favorable adjudication of periodic reinvestigations.
DRUG TESTING: Certain IOMAX USA positions require drug testing. Applicants tentatively selected for those positions will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to employment. Employment is contingent upon favorable results.
Eligible candidates will be evaluated against the following criteria:
Candidates who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be rated on the basis of experience, education/training, performance, and awards as they relate to the knowledge, skills and abilities.