- Portsmouth, NH
IPsoft is a global autonomic services provider, delivering Managed Services, Platform-as-a-Service, Automation-as-a-Service and Autonomic Cloud Orchestration. The company’s mission is to power the world with expert systems.
IPsoft leverages advanced autonomics that remediate, on average, more than 56 percent of IT Operations tasks including: event management, incident management, change management, request fulfillment and standard operating procedures. We globally support a wide range of enterprise customers, service providers and telecommunications companies. IPsoft’s autonomic technologies enable clients to realize lowered costs, reduced human errors and enhanced service levels.
Headquartered in New York City, IPsoft has operations in 10 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. IPsoft aims to be a true partner helping businesses achieve better outcomes.
Gartner June 2012 Critical Capabilities Study
Gartner ranks IPsoft #1 overall. Gartner comments:
• “IPsoft is the clear leader in selling highly automated event and incident management services”
• “Only IPsoft is rated higher than “good”. IPsoft...has executed extremely well in terms of creating differentiation from service automation”
• IPsoft ranked #1 in 6 out of 7 categories. We did not win HR management probably because we try to replace people with technology.
Managed Services, ITSM, Automation, Autonomic, IT Outsourcing
17 State Street 14th Floor New York, NY 10004 United States
Information Technology and Services
- Company Size
Strategy & Planning
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records, using MS Office products like Word and Visio
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including, routers, hubs, switches, WAN-accelerators and other hardware.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Configure networks (LAN/WAN) to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Monitor network stability, availability and performance.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve network problems as needed.
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of customer's hardware and software.
- Ensure network connectivity of all servers, workstations, telephony equipment, fax machines, and other network appliances.
- Provide third and fourth-tier support for networks and on a lower level for systems, databases and applications.
- Automate tasks as much as possible through the development of scripts and our proprietary
- Identify, evaluate and recommend network related tools and emerging network technologies.
- Ensuring 24x7x365 operation of internal and client systems.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and
related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Provide guidance to (junior) members of the team.
Desired Skills & Experience
Formal Education & Certification
- CCNA / CCNP- or equivalent certified
- Additional certifications is a plus
Knowledge & Experience
- Hands-on experience implementing and administrating network devices
- 5+ years of network administration mandatory
- Expert experience with Cisco routers and switches (all platforms)
- Experience with Cisco PIX and ASA platforms
- Knowledge about VPN technologies (IPsec, MPLS)
- In depth knowledge of TCP/IP
- Knowledge of routing protocols: OSPF, EIGRP
- Must have user-level experience with Linux systems
- Excellent troubleshooting experience
- Strong knowledge of LAN related technologies: STP, vlans, HSRP, VTP etc.
- Working technical knowledge of HTTP/S, DNS, POP, SMTP, FTP, SNMP, Tacacs+ etc.
- Knowledge of BGP
- Working knowledge of proxy servers
- Knowledge about- and experience with network monitoring tools
- Knowledge about ITIL
- Experience with scripting languages like Perl and Expect is a plus
- Expertise in non-Cisco platforms, such as HP Procurve, Bluecoat, Brocade is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment