Sr SQL Server DBA
- West Chester, PA
IPsoft is a global autonomic services provider, delivering Managed Services, Platform-as-a-Service, Automation-as-a-Service and Autonomic Cloud Orchestration. The company’s mission is to power the world with expert systems.
IPsoft leverages advanced autonomics that remediate, on average, more than 56 percent of IT Operations tasks including: event management, incident management, change management, request fulfillment and standard operating procedures. We globally support a wide range of enterprise customers, service providers and telecommunications companies. IPsoft’s autonomic technologies enable clients to realize lowered costs, reduced human errors and enhanced service levels.
Headquartered in New York City, IPsoft has operations in 10 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. IPsoft aims to be a true partner helping businesses achieve better outcomes.
Gartner June 2012 Critical Capabilities Study
Gartner ranks IPsoft #1 overall. Gartner comments:
• “IPsoft is the clear leader in selling highly automated event and incident management services”
• “Only IPsoft is rated higher than “good”. IPsoft...has executed extremely well in terms of creating differentiation from service automation”
• IPsoft ranked #1 in 6 out of 7 categories. We did not win HR management probably because we try to replace people with technology.
Managed Services, ITSM, Automation, Autonomic, IT Outsourcing
17 State Street 14th Floor New York, NY 10004 United States
Information Technology and Services
- Company Size
• All aspects of SQL Server Database Administration including, but not
limited to, installation of SQL Server 2000/SQL Server 2005/SQL
Server 2008 on stand alone hosts and 2/3 node clusters
• Building database servers, applying necessary hot fixes and/or SPs,
upgrading the SQL Servers, configuring the server parameters, backing
up and restoring system and user databases
• Creation of user databases, creation of maintenance plans and jobs,
user creation and maintenance, database log space monitoring and
• Performance tuning both in terms of SQL tuning and also server level
tuning using various configurable parameters, running dbcc and
running dbcc db repair if needed
• Comfortable in configuring log shipping, database mirroring,
• Understand encryption and transparent data encryption
• Hands-on experience on writing t-sql
• Hands-on experience on migrating SQL Server from lower version to
• Must be comfortable in configuring different external services that can
be linked to the server such as mail notification, DTS, linked servers,
etc, DTS/SSIS package creation and altering the same as needed.
MySQL DBA experience is a plus.
• 5+ years of supporting multiple MS SQL Server (SQL Server
7/SQL Server 2000/SQL Server 2005/SQL Server 2008) with
large databases in a 24x7 production environment
• 1+ years of supporting MySQL data with very large databases in a 24x7
• At least 4 years in Sun Solaris environment
Apply today: Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org