Windows / IIS Application Administrator
- West Chester, PA
IPsoft is a global managed services provider of autonomic-based services. The company’s mission is to power the world through expert systems, and to that end IPsoft leverages self-learning, self-healing cognitive systems across IT Operations, Cloud Orchestration, Fraud Prevention (FAS) and Business Process Automation. The unique autonomic proposition effectively manages operations while reducing human error and providing enhanced service levels. Headquartered in New York City, IPsoft has operations in ten countries across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific supporting enterprise customers, service providers and telecommunications companies.
The purpose of the Application Administrator within the BSS group is to maintain, monitor,
and manage a suite of business critical applications (3rd party and in-house developed)
within a fast paced support environment. The successful candidate will function as part
of a multi-discipline team with a decided focus on supporting the application software
within the Strategic Business Support Systems area. This team manages multiple complex
environments built around Microsoft Dot Net framework, IIS, SQL Server, Oracle and other
Microsoft product offerings. The successful incumbent will thrive on change but focus on the
operational stability of the supported platforms.
The application administrator will be responsible for participating as an individual contributor
in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to
operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and
services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering.
Interfaces with vendors, engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance
with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures.
Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth
experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and
functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead
teams or projects and shares expertise.
• Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges
and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to
complex technical issues.
• Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes.
Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle
problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
• Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of
results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides
actionable insight to management.
• Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains
all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
• Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering.
Identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate personnel. Ensures that all
maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
• Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to
existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure,
coordinating efforts across teams.
• Analyzes problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly
complex multi-product provisioning system.
• Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering
disciplines within the organization.
• Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation,
standardization, and methods/procedures.
• Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
• Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends
if needed, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
• Multiple years in operating within a service organization
• Experience with Windows 2003/2008 Server
• Experience with IIS
• Experience with Relational Databases; Oracle and SQL Server preferred
• 5 years support/administration experience in a mix of the following technologies: Active
• 5 years combined development & support of complex high volume web based applications.
• 5 years of direct support experience with accountability for availability
• 5 years combined design and support/administration experience in Windows Server
platform used for web based applications
• Solid understanding of IIS, ASP.NET application deployment and troubleshooting is required
• Working knowledge of Active Directory administration.
• 5 years combined design and support/administration experience in Microsoft SQL Server
• 5 years of combined programming/scripting experience in any of the common languages
such as C++, C#, Java, Perl, Shell etc
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP and SSL protocols is required.
• Bachelor's degree and at least five years experience providing technical support or
Apply today: Send resumes to email@example.com