Sr Java Developer
- New York, NY
IPsoft is a global autonomic services provider, delivering Managed Services, Platform-as-a-Service, Automation-as-a-Service and Autonomic Cloud Orchestration. The company’s mission is to power the world with expert systems.
IPsoft leverages advanced autonomics that remediate, on average, more than 56 percent of IT Operations tasks including: event management, incident management, change management, request fulfillment and standard operating procedures. We globally support a wide range of enterprise customers, service providers and telecommunications companies. IPsoft’s autonomic technologies enable clients to realize lowered costs, reduced human errors and enhanced service levels.
Headquartered in New York City, IPsoft has operations in 10 countries across North America, Europe and Asia. IPsoft aims to be a true partner helping businesses achieve better outcomes.
Gartner June 2012 Critical Capabilities Study
Gartner ranks IPsoft #1 overall. Gartner comments:
• “IPsoft is the clear leader in selling highly automated event and incident management services”
• “Only IPsoft is rated higher than “good”. IPsoft...has executed extremely well in terms of creating differentiation from service automation”
• IPsoft ranked #1 in 6 out of 7 categories. We did not win HR management probably because we try to replace people with technology.
Managed Services, ITSM, Automation, Autonomic, IT Outsourcing
17 State Street 14th Floor New York, NY 10004 United States
Information Technology and Services
- Company Size
• Leads application lifecycle, from design and architecture through release
• Translates requirements into executable solutions
• Designs, develops, and tests solutions that meet the specified requirements
• Drives implementation of solutions to timely completion
• Researches and recommends new technologies, tools and methodologies
• 5+ years of Java (Core) and Java web development (MVC, SOAP/REST)
• 2+ years of technical leadership experience
• Strong understanding of OOP, Design Patterns and/or Enterprise
Integration Patterns, etc.
• Comfortable developing Java on Linux
• Driven, self-starter, comfortable working autonomously and as a member
of a team
• Excellent problem solving and interpersonal communication skills
• SQL, Database design
• Working knowledge of NoSQL solutions (like Cassandra)
• Experience with Apache, XML, JMS, ActiveMQ, Eclipse, Subversion,
machine learning, autonomic computing, Bash, Perl or PHP.
• Domain Knowledge experience in OSS (Operations Support Systems),