The purpose of the Application Administrator within the BSS group is to maintain, monitor, and manage a suite of business critical applications (3rdparty and in-house developed) within a fast paced support environment. The successful candidate will function as part of a multi-discipline team with a decided focus on supporting the application software within the Strategic Business Support Systems area. This team manages multiple complex environments built around Microsoft Dot Net framework, IIS, SQL Server, Oracle and other Microsoft product offerings. The successful incumbent will thrive on change but focus on the operational stability of the supported platforms.
The application administrator will be responsible for participating as an individual contributor in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services, and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors, engineering, and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies, and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Drives issues through closure engaging all appropriate resources. Leads technical bridges and provides troubleshooting direction. Provides guidance and recommended solutions to complex technical issues.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies, and processes. Ensures projects are fully integrated into the operations environment including lifecycle problem management from front line CARE through Engineering.
- Creates data and metric systems to track operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas, and provides actionable insight to management.
- Provides input to Engineering and vendors on defects and required enhancements. Attains all relevant industry standard technical certifications.
- Performs complex and routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering. Identifies, isolates, and escalates issues to appropriate personnel. Ensures that all maintenance is properly validated to minimize subscriber impact to (ideally) zero.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products. Assists with or leads efforts to build new application infrastructure, coordinating efforts across teams.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow, and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Serves as team lead on multiple projects, often spanning different engineering disciplines within the organization.
- Leads the integration of projects into operations including instrumentation, automation, standardization, and methods/procedures.
- Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends if needed, variable schedule(s) as necessary.