Contract Front End Developer with Responsive Web Design
- Portland, OR
ISITE Design is a preferred vendor for some of the world's most respected companies and organizations. We are proud to have delivered full-service web solutions for more than 200 clients ranging from startups, non-profits and small businesses to Fortune 25 industry leaders.
The Front End Developer (FED) is responsible for producing standards-compliant sites and web applications crafted with XHTML. Your knowledge of Web Standards, web accessibility, markup languages, responsive design, scripting, basic graphic design, and communication skills will be used to assemble websites, CMS templates, application interfaces for ISITE Clients.
Essential Job Functions:
- Build highly responsive front end web applications using the latest techniques amongst a team of exceptional designers / developers.
- Adhere to and collaborate on style guides and interaction specifications
- Collaborate with client and project teams to develop clean, highly functional user interfaces.
- Candidates for this position must have a genuine interest in the latest technological developments in web development.
- Strong knowledge of design principles, user interfaces, web standards and usability
- Experience in Front end web development
- Talent for producing professional web presentations and clean, organized code
- Drive for customer satisfaction
- Contribute concepts to site launch with a knowledge of development and testing
- Work independently, prioritize tasks and hit deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
Education and/or Experience:
- A portfolio/samples demonstrating clean and compliant code
Skills, Knowledge and abilities:
- 3-5 years of experience with Git or Subversion, experience with CMS applications
- Proficiency in HTML5/CSS3
- Proficiency in building responsive websites
- Experience with SASS or LESS
- Supports front end development tasks for projects
- Works with team to offer technical solutions that help meet business objectives.
- Collaborates with Interactive Designers to derive solutions and ensure designs are executed effectively for the medium.
- Works with Back End Developers to identify solutions and ensure end-to-end project completion.
ISITE Design is a thriving, privately owned agency with offices in Portland, OR and Boston, MA. Our culture is centered on thought leadership, collaboration, community and ongoing professional development. We offer a flexible and open work environment that encourages entrepreneurship, professional growth and innovation.
ISITE Design is an equal opportunity employer.