Technical Application Support Engineer – Financial and eBanking Systems
- Boston, MA
ITQ Consulting Group is a global Staffing and Technology consulting firm serving clients in North America and Africa. Headquartered in metropolitan Atlanta, Georgia – ITQ is focused on delivering business and technology solutions that reduce cost, increase performance and profitability.
- Primary responsibility for level 2 support of financial and eBanking systems, including 24x7 on call shift support, with a capability to cross train other team members.
- Ability to support other 3rd party applications, including core financial systems, based on cross training from other team members.
- Ad-hoc development; coding of application interfaces, .NET / C++ development and configuration and maintenance of automated batch processing applications.
- Data analysis, management, identification, maintenance and extract in support of business information reporting, investigations and implementation of data interfaces.
- Lead or assist with deployment and configuration of new applications and interfaces as required.
- Proactive maintenance and administration of installed applications and interfaces to optimize and ensure performance and stability.
- Detection, identification, resolution and documentation of application level incidents. Liaison with other application and infrastructure team members and vendors to isolate and resolve the incident.
- Responsibility for configuration, trouble shooting and optimization of the relevant systems, liaising closely with in house Business Analysts (BA) and external Vendors.
- Monitor and review system operation and provide troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Work with internal and external teams to establish the technical direction and analyze tradeoffs between usability, performance and cost.
- Responsible for ensuring all application system architectures are documented and changes maintained in the appropriate tools and libraries.
- Liaise with BA’s and direct business contact on issues identification and problem resolution to ensure applications are leveraged to the maximum degree appropriate.
- Lead or assist with development of and delivery to defined and measured SLA’s/SLO’s.
- Assist with the assessment and estimate of future Application needs and the creation of IT capital and operational costs for department and project level budgets and business cases.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Other tasks as directed from time to time by management, including but not limited to Disaster Recovery testing and technical Projects.
- Mentor and manage other resources as part of the operational team or within defined projects.
Areas of Responsibility
- Primary systems for support include but not limited to:
- Core Interfaces
- Fiserv Corillian International eBanking
- Cards systems
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a technology or science related field. Extensive relevant experience may be acceptable as a substitute.
- 3+ years experience in developing in Web based languages (java, .NET, C++ etc.) a neccessity.
- 5+ years of detailed technical support experience of major packaged applications, ideally in a financial context.
- Proven experience of configuring applications and the interfaces between them, ideally with a Fiserv context, including script and code languages.
- 3+ years demonstrable technical support experience of Corillian International eBanking or similar eBanking applications and associated tools with evidence of ability to learn others preferred.
- Detailed technical support knowledge realting to online banking processes, methodologies and technology, preferably Corillian International eBanking.
- Knowledge of the Fiserv organisation and other Fiserv Capital G installed applications a benefit.
- Demonstrable knowledge of application support processes including Change, Incident, Problem, Release, Deployment and Configuration management.
- Experience with installation and technical support for Windows-based software products.
- Proven judgement and decision making under pressure.
- Experience with IT process methodologies such as ITIL Service Management, Six Sigma, CoBIT, in a working context a benefit.
- Good problem determination technique. Well-organized, with evidence of following through on commitments to customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Good phone and email skills, positive customer-centric attitude.
- Experience of shift and on call working for support purposes.
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V