Security Solutions Architect
- Minneapolis, MN
Since 1995, iTech Solutions Inc., has been providing IT Consulting and Direct Hire Services to the Insurance, Financial, Communications, Manufacturing and Government sectors with local offices in Connecticut, Minnesota, Colorado, Massachusetts, Tennessee, and New Jersey / Pennsylvania area.
Our recruiting strategy is simple, if you want to find qualified IT professionals then use IT professionals to find them. So at iTech Solutions, our personnel are all career IT professionals with a wide range of IT experience. We can honestly say our staff understands the technologies, the complexities of finding and selecting the appropriate personnel and the pressures of running successful IT projects.
Security Solutions Architect
The Security Solutions Architect is a focused, hybrid of roles stemming from the following: technologist, researcher, consultant, and partner working with client projects in support of IRM. Lead project work streams, synthesize and analyze complex data, and work with Security Services team to develop high-quality interim and final deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Acts as a subject matter expert to guide and craft complex security solutions.
- Establishes security criteria based on business, compliance, risk reduction and use case.
- Provide solution architecture driven by IRM policies
- Create and maintain Cloud Architecture documentation.
- Advise and consult on secure architectural techniques for Cloud-based architectures
- Recommends security controls, improvements, upgrades, and/or purchases
- Conducts complex technology and process assessments for improving security capabilities.
- Develop and maintain roadmap
- Reports into the Director of IT Architecture Cloud Computing
- Partners with peers and engineering staff
- Partners with PMO to provide consulting services
- 10 years of senior level information security experience, 5 year of IT experience and 2 years of business experience.
- A bachelor degree is required in Computer Science, Engineering or a discipline which compliments the role; a masters is preferred
- Active CISSP, CIPP, CISA or other industry-recognized equivalent certifications. Must have experience or certifications related to non-IT disciplines such as PMP or Six Sigma.
- Functional experience as a strategy consultant and/or with 6+ years in a senior security position leading project delivery teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Functional experience with IS security architecture and security principles, approaches, and technologies
- Functional experience with multiple market verticals, including financial services, healthcare, non-profits, consumer products, high-technology, and distributed architectures required
- Ability to quickly ascertain existing Optum methodologies and intellectual capital to customize for business partner situation, develop an approach to drive work efforts, and frame potential deliverables.
- Oral and written communications skills to enable effective and meaningful information exchange between technical and non-technical people across multiple levels of organizational structure
- Working knowledge of security needs for operating systems, databases, applications, Web services, user devices, and networks.
- General knowledge of IT Audit techniques.
- Awareness of regulatory and legislative drivers that affect the healthcare industry.
- Ability to effectively conduct productive meetings with peers, vendors, directors and managers
- Functional knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite, LAN/WAN technologies, switching, routing, VoIP and Telephony technologies, firewalls and VPN, intrusion prevention systems (IPS), vulnerability assessment and patch management tools.
- Functional knowledge of Unix and Windows server operating systems.
- Functional knowledge and experience working in cloud-based architectures.
Preference given to candidates with a working experience securing cloud service providers.