Systems Engineer - Networking
- Addison, IL
ITsavvy is a single source end-to-end IT provider committed to innovative distribution and tailored IT solutions. ITsavvy built its reputation as a value-added reseller offering best-in-industry support and delivery speed. Its growing technology portfolio includes Engineered Solutions, Managed Services, Cloud Solutions and Unified Communications. ITsavvy is headquartered in metro Chicago, with 46 distribution and support centers across the U.S.
We have some of the most experienced, creative and smart IT people on the planet, and we’re looking to add to our team. We’re seeking mid-to senior-level systems engineers who are passionate about helping clients use technology to improve and expand their organizations. Our Advanced Solutions Group has access to hardware and software in a lab environment to learn and stay on top of new technologies.
And we have fun, too. We love working with people who embrace their passions. Whether it’s coding apps, perfecting your golf swing, or conquering the mythical town of IronForge, we support and celebrate your hobbies.
The ideal candidate has a passion for putting together innovative technology solutions, with a special talent for communicating these ingenious solutions to current and future clients. We’re also looking for an individual that is up-to-date on the latest technologies, including backup, virtualization, and networking.
- Identifying and resolving customer issues in a timely and thorough manner to include appropriate communication to the end user.
- Managed and maintain core business tools.
- Developing and maintaining processes and procedures to help streamline the support functions for each of our clients using our enterprise ticketing and monitoring tools.
- Developing and scheduling reports to show the value we bring to our clients in the form of work done, health of equipment, etc.
- Performing onsite site assessments to gather all information required to determine supportability identifying any suggested adjustments.
- Identifying process improvements to help streamline and automate common support tasks.
- 3+ years of similar experience
- Server and/or Desktop virtualization
- VMware, Juniper, HP, Palo Alto preferred
- CCNA or other Cisco certification preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, or a related degree, or equivalent education and work experience
- Experience with Active Directory, DHCP/DNS, TCP/IP, and VPN is required.
Adapt Quickly – able to manage expectations and quickly adjust to changing priorities throughout different levels of the organization.
Multitask – ability to manage multiple projects and priorities being driven by various managers and functional areas. Procedure Development – ability to develop, maintain and drive standardized processes, procedures and work flows through the organization.
Learner Attitude - driven to constantly learn and adapt to new technologies and solutions. Initiative - ability to begin and follow through energetically with a plan.
- Senior Director, Implementation Services
- ITsavvy Clients
- Client Executives
Compensation will be an appropriate salary, a full benefits package, and three-weeks of vacation time. Details to be provided to qualified candidates.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.