Marketing Analyst - Research and Business Development
- Idaho Falls, ID
Idahoan Foods is located in the heart of the Intermountain Region of the Pacific Northwest and is willing to relocate you to this area. Our company is fast-paced, but our community has maintained the slower pace of life with plenty of outdoor recreation; we are just a couple hours from Yellowstone National Park, Grand Targhee Resort and Sun Valley.
Idahoan Foods is hiring a Marketing Analyst - Research and Business Development..
The Marketing Analyst - Research & Business Development is responsible for providing the research and analytics necessary for the marketing teams to launch successful new products, implement impactful programs and secure additional business within the Retail, Foodservice and Export channels. This will include all aspects of consumer research, marketing analytics, private brands growth and product development administration. This individual will also be asked to lead and/or participate on other projects as business needs dictate.
1) Consumer Research – Manage all aspects of market research as it pertains to the Retail & Foodservice and Export Business Units. Use research data to determine what the Retail trade & consumers, Foodservice operators, distributors & national accounts as well as Club members need, thus determining what new products, improvements or line extensions will be relevant in the market place and provide solutions to unmet needs. Determine branding and messaging that will best support growth in Asia. Make the final interpretations of the data and have the ability to relate how it pertains to reaching and growing the customer base and Company profit objectives. Based on what the research reveals, work with Marketing Directors to recommend and implement a marketing strategy that is relevant, impactful and within the budget, resources, and capabilities of the company. Manage all third party concept testing, sensory panels and focus group studies.
2) Marketing Analytics – Actively provide insights to retail and foodservice teams which highlight and lead to business growth opportunities. Develop understanding of AC Nielsen and Catalina Marketing capabilities and build relationships with each company. Leverage relationship to augment research work and recommendations. Report on and seek opportunities to improve upon growth metrics such as household penetration, market share and brand loyalty. Understand regional dynamics and proactively provide solutions to address unique needs across the country. Track, measure and scorecard performance of all marketing activities including investment, reach, redemption and returns to provide view of past program results and to inform future activities. Support category management and sales teams by providing relevant analytical insights which will help secure additional distribution and sales opportunities.
3) Business Development
Private Label Optimization and Pricing - Serve as the primary contact for private label exploration and implementation. Learn current supplier and contract situations at all major retail accounts. Proactively seek opportunities to gain this business where the scale is sufficient for Idahoan to fulfill profitably. Form relationships with and make recommendations to accounts to optimize private label positioning in light of the broader category trends.
New Product Initiation – Document all attributes of new products that are intended for future launch. Work with cross-functional group to ensure completion of final pricing. Maintain ownership of process from initiation to costing from finance and deliver to marketing director upon completion in timely manner. This pertains to net new products, line extensions, changes in size and/or case pack and new configurations for Club Channel.
Hispanic/Asian Marketing – Leverage research data and current resources to identify actionable opportunities to increase brand presence within the Hispanic community domestically as well as targeted Asian countries by expanding distribution among markets and accounts. Determine and implement appropriate marketing messages, product profiles and distribution methods to realize these gains. Work closely with the sales teams (domestic and export) to identify top opportunities and draft growth proposals with measurable goals.
Special and Exploratory Projects - As business needs dictate, chair ad-hoc projects which align with and contribute to business goals and objectives. Utilize business acumen to navigate across functional groups to get buy-in and accomplish the work. These projects may vary in length, time commitment, travel requirement and complexity.
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college and a minimum of three (3) years experience in the industry or a related area.
- The ability to prepare, format, proofread and edit documents, which are succinct and professional, are a key responsibility for this position. Must have effective oral and written communication skills, excellent telephone skills, and thorough knowledge of grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- This position requires a high degree of self-confidence and maturity to make the decisions required in day-to-day activities and solves problems with minimal direction. Must be detailed and have strong organizational skills. Must be a team player, able to react to change productively, be flexible, and to accept changing assignments and accountabilities. Excellent interpersonal skills are required.
- Essential skills include PC experience using Windows applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. Must be proficient with Word tables; Excel spreadsheet layout, formulas, charts, and graphs; PowerPoint presentations including graphs, charts, clip art; Access databases and reporting; and the ability to independently format professional documents. Knowledge of Object-based report writing software tools a plus.
- The position is located in a corporate business office environment with moderate noise levels and requires sitting at a desk for extended periods and walking from point to point. The incumbent must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs. of various materials. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have the ability to travel up to 15% of the time.