We are currently seeking for seasoned Project Managers to join us in Palo Alto, CA.
Before our mantra became "Life is too short for crappy UX", we'd been saying "Life is too short for crappy projects" Our company is built on the wholehearted belief that great UX can change the world. For us, this starts with awesome people, carefully hand-picked projects and crafting a work environment that inspires brilliant, meaningful work.
You also wholeheartedly believe that designing unique user experiences can change the world. You've experienced first-hand, how the user-centered design process is used to develop new products and services and have a project portfolio to prove it. You understand the importance of user experience and design and can effectively communicate it to clients.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing and directing multiple complex multi-location projects simultaneously, ensuring that they are delivered on time, on-budget and that client expectations are always met. The Project Manager interacts with all delivery team members and clients daily. The design team for each project is different, which is formed based on the SOW and client’s business requirements. The Project Manager is responsible to have constantly up-to-date information about status, risks, issues, resources, invoicing and deliverables to successfully manage the projects and provide status reports to clients and to internal stakeholders. The Project Manager is also responsible for the financial management of the project including profitable delivery and invoicing it on time. The Project Manager may also help identify new business opportunities for Client Leads to pursue and close new business for Idean.
- Be the clients' point of contact for all day-to-day project related issues
- Manage the entire project from kick off through final delivery (e.g. resourcing, internal kick off, client kick off, status calls / meetings, reports, reviews / iteration sessions, co-creation workshops, final delivery meeting etc. per project need)
- Update resourcing situation on a daily basis based on potential client change requests or staffing adjustments
- Closely co-operate with the entire design organization to ensure that projects are properly resourced
- Responsible for delivering work with solid margins and ensuring overall profitability of client engagements
- Manage project financials including overall project budget, work estimates, revenue forecasts and invoicing
- Ensure quality standards are met according to Idean's delivery principles