Junior Financial Controller
- Palo Alto, CA
Idean is a unique user centric design company. We provide customer-driven user interface design, holistic research, market analysis and innovation services. We love digitalization of business processes. Idean creates world-leading digital concepts, applications and platforms for web, mobile and integrated industry systems.
As a Junior Financial Controller you will be responsible for the company’s day to day financial activities. Your role combines aspects from financial accounting as well as from managerial accounting. You will report to the Group CFO.
Job duties include
- Performing day to day bookkeeping in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles
- Analyzing and preparing financial statements, including profit-and-loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and statements of financial position
- Financial analysis to support business decisions
- Performing ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigative issues
- Assisting CFO in monthly closing
- Assisting in payroll activities
- Performing risk analysis
- Preparing documents for internal and external audits
- Audit support
- Assisting with the preparation of regulatory reports in compliance with regulations and instructions
- Assisting with budgeting
- Producing sales invoices and maintaining accounts receivable
- Controlling outbound money streams, bill payments and accounts payable
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent
- 1 to 3 years of experience in bookkeeping and preparing financial statements
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Knowledge of IFRS is a merit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to interact with colleagues at all levels throughout the company
- Ability to perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and intensive deadlines
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Idean is a fast growing international company and you will be in the center of it all. This job is an excellent chance to grow into a financial superstar with excellent knowledge of international accounting and finance. As you develop in your role, you will be given more demanding and more complex tasks. The more the company grows, the more the work will be controller focused. Apply now and get to be involved in something great.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without restrictions.