Prospect Data Associate
- 1500 State Rd 46, Bloomington, IN 47408, USA
- Department: Advancement Services and Capital Campaigns
About the IU Foundation
Founded in 1936, the Indiana University Foundation maximizes private support for Indiana University by fostering lifelong relationships with key stakeholders, providing advancement leadership, and fundraising services for campuses and units across the university. Today, the IU Foundation oversees one of the largest public university endowments in the country, with a market value in excess of $3 billion. IU is consistently ranked among the top four of Big Ten universities in annual voluntary support.
The Indiana University Foundation’s (IUF) Prospect Management and Research Team is seeking a highly collaborative client relations expert to serve as Prospect Data Associate.
The Prospect Data Associate will have the opportunity to work directly with our affinity giving team and development officers on all IU campuses to build and maintain fundraiser portfolios and assist with developing prospect strategy plans for major gift fundraising outreach.
The Prospect Data Associate must be a multi- tasker, with the ability to do heads- down strategic work and reporting in Crimson, our donor database, while simultaneously maintaining and enhancing their working relationships with the development staff. The Prospect Management department also receives requests daily from university development officers for prospecting plans, so working in a fast- paced environment with the ability to prioritize multiple projects is a must!
The Prospect Data Associate must be a team player with a willingness to step in where needed to support the work of the Prospect Management and Research function at the IU Foundation. If this sounds like a position for you, apply now!
- Excellent client relationship / customer service skills
- Experience and references demonstrating accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and meet competing deadlines
- General knowledge of fundraising
- Interpersonal skills and judgment suitable for exercising appropriate discretion and demeanor when dealing with employees, faculty, Board members and members of the public
- Strong organizational skills required
- Knowledge of IU and the IU Foundation
- Advanced database query knowledge is a plus
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a closely related field or 4 years of relevant work experience
- Fundraising experience or experience working closely in/with development preferred
- Experience working with Crimson, Fundraiser Performance Management or other Blackbaud products is a plus
- Higher education experience is a plus
The IU Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.