Donor Experience Officer
- 1500 IN-46, Bloomington, IN 47408, USA
- Department: Development-Bloomington
Founded in 1936, the Indiana University Foundation maximizes private support for Indiana University by fostering lifelong relationships with key stakeholders, providing advancement leadership, and fundraising services for campuses and units across the university. Today, the IU Foundation oversees one of the largest public university endowments in the country, with a market value in excess of $3.5 billion. IU is consistently ranked among the top four of Big Ten universities in annual voluntary support.
The Indiana University Foundation is growing! The newly designed and revamped Individual Giving team is seeking four Donor Experience Officers (DXO’s) to build relationships and execute outreach to alum and friends of IU! These positions are amazing opportunities for individuals interested in a long-term career in front line fundraising, and there is a clear career path for exceptional talent! These positions offer primarily remote work arrangements, but opportunities for all staff meetings, team building activities, and other meetings as needed will take place in Bloomington, Indiana and Indianapolis, Indiana.
Using the Evertrue platform, the Donor Experience Officer will manage a portfolio of donors, with clear metrics and goals for outreach, donor meetings, dollars brought in, donor count and pipeline growth. The successful DXO will collaborate with other departments both internally at the university (including Advancement Marketing, Alumni Relations, and Development) and externally, to effectively execute 1:1 outreach campaigns using technology resources including fundraising cloud platforms, social media and virtual communications software.
The successful DXO has a passion for connecting with people, a goal- oriented mindset, and an openness and passion for trying new things and being a part of a brand new team! Check out the video below to learn more about a day in the life of a DXO, and apply today! We can’t wait to speak with you!
Associate’s degree required
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
Minimum 2 years’ professional experience in direct sales, marketing, communications, fundraising, non-profit, or a call center strongly preferred
Combinations of related education and experience will be considered
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills across mediums, especially via video conferencing, text, and phone
· Strong technical skill relating to web-based communications including advanced knowledge of Microsoft package, Client Relationship Management (CRM), Content Management System (CMS), email creation and social media platforms. Ability to use and implement new technologies to the organization’s advantage.
· Ability to apply creative and entrepreneurial thinking, while applying sound judgment and conducting oneself with integrity
· Experience handling interpersonal relationships maturely, thoughtfully, and empathetically, including the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
· Strong collaboration and organizational skills, as well as the ability to prioritize effectively
· Able to handle confidential material responsibly and interact professionally with a wide spectrum of individuals
Applications will be accepted through September 18th, 2022, and initial interviews may begin as early as August 22nd. A cover letter further highlighting your interest in the role is welcomed.
The IUF is committed to providing a safe, respectful and professional work environment that is free of Discrimination and Harassment. The IUF will not tolerate any form of Discrimination or Harassment based on the Individual’s race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or expression, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by law.