Manager, Lease Administration
- Toronto, Canada
Current Indigo employees should apply through the Internal Mobility page using your @indigo.ca email address.
Dedicated to telling stories and creating experiences, Indigo is always looking for bright, energetic and customer-focused people who can help bring our exciting mission to life in one of our more than 200 Indigo, Indigospirit, Chapters and Coles stores across Canada. We offer a variety of exciting opportunities at our retail stores, distribution centres, and home office for people who share our passions and want to be part of a dynamic and enriching culture.
WHO WE ARE
- We love books and all things beautiful
- We are Canada’s Cultural Department Store
- Books are our heart and our soul and Great Books are JUST the Beginning…
We play by the following rules:
- We exist to add joy to our customers’ lives each and every time they interact with us and our products
- Our job is to create joyful moments for our customers
- We treat each other the way we’d treat a valued friend
- We inspire each other to do our best work
- We seek to ignite creativity and innovation every day
- We give back to the communities in which we operate
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The Manager, Lease Administration will assist the VP, Real Estate, to optimize Indigo’s real estate portfolio to maximize stores sales and EBITDA performance.
- Draft, review and abstract leases, subleases, lease amendments, estoppel certificates, licenses etc. creating reports as required
- Maintain and protect legal real estate documentation
- Negotiate non-monetary terms of legal documentation working with outside legal counsel as necessary
- Manage Indigo’s real estate portfolio to ensure all leases are renewed, extended or renegotiated in a timely manner
- Liaise with other key departments, such as Store Design, Construction and Retail Operations, to ensure a smooth transition of responsibility from lease negotiation through store build out and opening
- Manage lease administration database tool (Lucernex) to keep lease information up to date and complete
WHO YOU ARE:
- Paralegal or Law Clerk certificate required
- Post secondary education paralegal/law clerk required)
- 6+ years of experience in a legal or real estate environment with a demonstrated expertise in negotiating and drafting retail lease documentation
- Superior knowledge of lease clauses and terminology within the real estate industry
- Managerial/supervisory experience
Indigo Books & Music is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources if you require accommodation. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.