Systems Administrator I
- Gainesville, FL
Why choose Info Tech, Inc.?
- Info Tech has been a thriving enterprise since 1977 – before many of our employees were even born.
- Our statistical and econometric consulting services are nationally renowned. Our president has authored statistics text books that are used by many colleges and universities in the country.
- Our long standing position of providing software and services to more than 40 state transportation agencies in the U.S. and Canada is an asset we value and foster each day. We have decades of experience in bringing technology to public agencies.
- Our dedicated incubator team ensures that Info Tech remains a technology leader.
- Info Tech is continuously innovating, with a focus around our core competencies.
- Info Tech has experienced decades of paced and controlled growth. As such, the company has weathered economic downturns and negative events that have proven fatal to similar firms.
- We are a diverse workforce, providing opportunities for each team member to achieve his/her highest potential.
- Info Tech is proud to cultivate an environment wherein employees feel valued. Celebrating an employee’s 20th or 25th anniversary with the company is a regular occurrence.
Serve as junior Linux and Windows system administrator. Manage the operations, administration, maintenance, and provisioning of a variety of hardware platforms and operating systems in support of large design and development efforts. Perform installation and upgrades of computer hardware and operating systems, applications, and patches. Monitor and analyze system logs and perform troubleshooting, as required. Analyze vendor specifications and secure quotations for hardware and software purchases. Manage inventory of property, including software, hardware, and licenses.
-BA or BS degree in CS or IT preferred
1+ years of experience with maintaining, administering, and troubleshooting Windows systems
-1+ years of experience with administering and updating Linux operating systems
-Experience with documenting system configurations, system design, and standard operating procedures, including using Microsoft Word, Project, Excel, and Visio
-Knowledge of virus protection and damage mitigation to contaminated systems
-Knowledge of DNS and DHCP
-Ability to be energetic, customer service oriented, reliable, and lift 50 pounds
-Ability to work independently or in a group, set priorities, rearrange schedules to address unexpected issues, have a passion to learn new technologies, and integrate them with existing configurations-Experience with virtualization technologies, including VMware
-Experience with programming or scripting skills, including Perl, Bash, and Csh
-Experience with Office Automation and MSI creation and deployment
-Experience managing Microsoft WSUS servers
-Experience with backup and data protection technologies
-Knowledge of Web services and troubleshooting, including IIS and Apache
-Knowledge of managing and configuring Cisco switches and routers, including subnetting, VLANs, and port security
-Knowledge of databases, including MySQL and MSSQL
-Possession of excellent interpersonal skills
-Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills