- Alexandria, VA
As a Subject Matter Expert in SharePoint administration, you will be responsible for the health, maintenance, administration of our customer’s, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), expanding SharePoint collaboration environment that includes on-site SharePoint systems as well as Microsoft 365 Cloud. The SharePoint infrastructure and environment provides services on a 24x7x365 basis, is considered “mission-critical”, and is a high visibility element within our customer’s expanding IT services portfolio. This is a full-time position and work location will be at the USPTO headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
- Support for administration, troubleshooting, configuration, system security, installation, deployment, maintenance, and high availability design.
- Site creation, user training, ensuring proper backups and restores as necessary.
- Enforce SharePoint best practices and optimization.
- Provide day-to-day operational support including responding to incidents, troubleshooting, and executing corrective action.
- Problem resolution may involve identification of complex system problems, restarting failing services, complete software reload, and/or system level file recovery.
- Interact with software vendors to reach problem resolution.
- Documenting problem resolution steps and procedures.
- Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives.
- Establishing, recommending modifications to, and following approved escalation procedures.
- System tuning, patching, updates, modifications, Hot Fixes, Security updates.
- Testing, evaluation, installation, and configuration of new releases.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to manage a SharePoint environment within a fast-paced enterprise environment
- Outstanding communications and organization skills
- Ability and desire to work with a team
- Expertise in understanding requirements provided by non-technical users/customers and creating a solution that provides them with the functional capabilities they desired
- Ability to analyze, diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions that resolve functionality problems
- Comprehensive knowledge and hands-on expertise with Microsoft SharePoint Portal server, web parts, search, access control list permissions, firewall port requirements, secure file transfers
- Expertise with MS SQL
- Ability to train site users if required
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Expertise understanding the Microsoft SharePoint Architecture
- Knowledge and expertise with business productivity applications to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Project (standalone and enterprise)
- Customer Relations Management (CRM) development and support
- Development experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET, Microsoft SQL, Workflow
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methods
- Understanding how SharePoint can effectively co-exist in an multi-platform environment that consists of various Operating Systems such as multiple releases of Microsoft Server, UNIX, Linux, RedHat
- Bachelor's Degree or 10 years of equivalent work experience in Computer Science related work
- Three to Five years’ experience working with SharePoint
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) and/or Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a U.S. Government public trust clearance, which requires US citizenship.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.