Symantec/Altiris IT Management Administrator
- Alexandria, VA
Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa), an award-winning information and knowledge management firm is now accepting applications for the following full time position of an IT Management Suite Administrator. This position is located in Alexandria VA.
- Software Management such as:
- Delivering software packages
- Creating plans to reconcile failed clients
- Symantec IT Management Suite/Altiris system support
- Deployment scheduling
- Wake on LAN (WoL) support
- Implement Asset management features within the deployment tool and integration with Remedy Asset management tool
- Patch Management such as:
- Patch scheduling
- Security patching and OS update pushes and tracking
- Creation of filters and policies
- Inventory Management such as:
- Regular software inventory reports
- Software licenses in use
- License expiration and renewal dates
- Auto detection of unauthorized software
- Desktop Management Troubleshooting:
- Client Agent issues
- Bad Client Agent fixes
- Configuration of automatic policies
- Managing incidents assigned to the Management System vendor
- Create and maintain documentation and SOPs
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports
- Assisting other teams with deployments and troubleshooting efforts
Qualifications: Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience creating a custom inventory, report, or filter, using SQL in Altiris.
- Experience building and/or administering an Altiris Deployment Server infrastructure.
- Experience in building, maintaining, and administering Symantec/Altiris IT Management Suite.
- Experience with creating image deployments.
- Extensive experience defining security roles, examining privileges, and setting permissions.
- Securing the infrastructure with scoping.
- Writing and automating reports using the appropriate tools such as SQL and VBscript.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications and customer service skills.
- A Team-approach work ethic involving shared responsibilities.
- Experience building and/or administering a Client Management Suite infrastructure.
- Experience with other Symantec/Altiris Management Platform based solutions, such as Server Management Suite, Asset Management, and Workflow.
- Experience with sysprep and preparing images for deployment in Windows 7.
- Experience in a Microsoft Active Directory environment, including in depth knowledge of group policy and DNS.
- Experience in a network environment, especially with firewalls, PXE booting, and Wake on LAN.
- Familiarity with software packaging and formats such as MSI, and troubleshooting installation of software packages.
- Symantec/Altiris IT Management certifications such as SMP/CMS/NS
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) 2003 or higher
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- Microsoft Certified Database Administrator (MCDBA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a U.S. Government public trust clearance, which requires US citizenship.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.