Linux / Unix Administrator
- Falls Church, VA
Information International Associates (IIa), a dynamic, respected and growing woman owned small business, is seeking a Linux / Unix Administrator to round out our team serving a major federal customer.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on site with civilian federal clients as part of a managed team. The candidate will be responsible for performing the day-to-day operations and support of the datacenter Red Hat environment. You must possess experience in the operations and support of computer systems in a multi-server environment, with a focus on system administration of UNIX operating systems. The level of the position will depend on years of experience and capability.
Primary responsibility will include hands on technical support work related to the overall health and maintenance of the operating system environments (Red Hat/Solaris) in support of 24/7 operations.
- Perform remote monitoring of server/system health and status using provided tools (e.g., BMC, Satellite Server, Operations Manager)
- Maintain and develop Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Environment (RHEV)
- Ability to decompose complex problems to ensure timely and accurate resolution of system anomalies before they impact operations
- Work with engineering and/or entity personnel to identify and troubleshoot operational and performance related issues
- Plan and execute the installation and configuration of Linux/UNIX server operating environments within the datacenter (Red Hat)
- Occasional after-hours support is possible
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Experience with RHEV, HP-UX, AIX, Tomcat, Apache and MySQL
- Strong knowledge of KVM or XEN Virtualization
- Strong knowledge of LVM and Red Hat satellite servers
- Ability to write Shell Scripts
- Occasional after hours support as required
- Knowledge of networking protocols, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP & NFS
- Experience with ISO 9001:2008 or ITIL based practices
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated passion for excellent customer service
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes
- Self-motivated and capable of working with limited supervision
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development
- Certification – RHCSA, with RHCE and RHCVA preferred
- Storage Administration familiarity (NetApp, EMC, SUN, SGI) preferred
- Experience in supporting 24/7 operations preferred
Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must be able to obtain a U.S. Government public trust clearance, which requires US citizenship.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.