IT System Support Assistant
- Oak Ridge, TN
Information International Associates, Inc., (IIa), an award-winning information and knowledge management firm in Oak Ridge, TN, is now accepting applications for the full time open position of System Support Assistant to support personal computers, peripheral equipment, networks, communications equipment, and users’ software and hardware needs. This position is located in Oak Ridge, TN.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, installs, and performs testing activities on various computer equipment, peripherals, data communication, and computer network systems.
- Assembles, installs, configures, and tests computer equipment or units of LANs requiring use of standard interface protocols.
- Manages Active Directory objects and security groups.
- Assists with repairing, installing, and testing complex pieces of equipment or LANs.
- Prepare and submit vendor warranty claims, parts, and documentation.
- Completes work orders such as installing equipment, connecting and moving devices or creating components of autonomous networks
- Troubleshoots network and desktop connected printers
- Develop and maintain software and hardware inventory and tracking systems
- Order, stock, and store electronic components.
- Perform preventive maintenance for computer, data communication, and/or peripheral equipment; test and adjust to appropriate standards.
- Responds and tracks user requests via help desk ticketing.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots computer software issues and conflicts and provides guidance on resolution or workarounds
- Some nights and weekend availability needed.
- Associates degree in computer science or related field.
- Two years’ experience working with PC operating systems networking
- Knowledge of personal computers, peripheral equipment, networks, communications equipment, and hardware/software needs.( Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Products, Adobe Products, Google Apps, MFP and Desktop Printers)
- Some knowledge of creating and managing active directory objects.
- Familiarity with the Google Apps suite
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time.
- Ability to write and/or follow documented procedures to implementation
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently or under general direction.
To apply, please access our website, www.iiaweb.com and click on “Careers”
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.